Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenandCarol View Post
If you are on the road and using full hookups every night, and you only end up with 1/3 of a tank by the time you are breaking camp for the next days drive...should you dump the tank or haul it around for the day and wait until the next night to have a fuller tank?
Dumping at just 1/3 full begs for a build up. I would flush well then refill 5 gals or so and a big bottle of cheap dish soap for the drive to the next park then dump again. Sickening as it can be, use a clear adaptor and witness what you are cleaning out after a soap and water drive if it is no worse than used dish water you probably have it made
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:40 AM   #22

Toilet Wand will clean her right up !!!
Send the poo right on down !!!
LOL !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by card16 View Post
If its not a towing weight issue, I would leave it until the next night at your new location. It will slosh around a little and help break up any solids as well.

I mentioned weight issue because I am not sure how close to capacity you load your trailer, your gear, and yourselves.

If you want to dump it before you leave, you can always flush the black tank to ensure that nothing is left in it.
I agree, I always "slosh" the last load on the final day or two's drive, then dump at the park next to my storage facility. Once at the dump station, if there's no lines, I fill both the grey and black tanks to near capacity just before I dump. Never had a blockage.
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphbeacham View Post
I agree, I always "slosh" the last load on the final day or two's drive, then dump at the park next to my storage facility. Once at the dump station, if there's no lines, I fill both the grey and black tanks to near capacity just before I dump. Never had a blockage.
A little GEO the day before that last dump would do ya well !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, drain, tank