Old 02-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #1

Black tank won’t drain

Hello I just went to dump my black tank in my xlr nitro 42ds5 and I won’t drain. What now? Can I use the black tank flush to try and in block what ever is blocking it. Yes we use rv paper never had this problem before. We live in this camper. Any suggestions would be great

Mattiep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #2

First don't use the black tank flush if you have a blockage. I have one of those clear plastic fittings for the dump connection that has a hose connection to back flow the tank to wash it out I would try that first. let the forum know what you do to clear the blockage.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:07 PM   #3

Also valve is hard to open
Old 02-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #4

Where are you and what is the temperature? Possibly frozen???
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #5

I’m in Sacramento ca it did get to 30 last night but know one else is having problems around the park so I don’t think that is the problem
Old 02-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #6

My first thought was the temp and it being froze. I did have that issue once after a cold spell over a late weekend trip but it broke loose while at the dump station.

Hard to open? also hard to close? Is it possible the pull handle separated from the actually blade that closes off? If that was the case though I would think the handle would be in your hand?
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #7

We had a blockage years ago in our old TT. When they built it and cut the hole in the top of the black tank for the toilet, they left the plastic disc in the tank. Years later it finally worked its way over to the drain and plugged on our trip. We used the device Seadog described to blast the disc back in and start the flow again. In the end I had to remove the whole valve assembly and fish (literally used an old fishing rod with a bent nail taped to the end) the disc out. HTH.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:15 PM   #8

I end up getting it unclogged by dumping boiling water down the tank about 3 gallons worth. I know the tank was not froze. It must have lose do up everything just enough!
Old 02-20-2018, 01:42 PM   #9

When they installed my black tank, they cut an opening to install the flush unit. The round plastic disc that resulted from that cut fell into thetank and plugged the drain on my first trip. I ended up using a septic pumper and got it cleared. Maybe thats your problem!
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:00 PM   #10

Could be a vent through the roof blocked. Check to see if all roof vent caps are in place if one is missing that vent pipe could be blocked. Make sure none are obstructed with debris while up there. If possible and connected to sewer leave black valve open for an hour or so to see if drainage is slow. Another indicator of a blocked vent.

tgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, drain, tank