Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2015, 12:48 PM   #1

Black water flush valve location

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and just purchased a used 2014 XLR Hyerlite 29FHS.

Nothing happens when the hose is hooked up to the black water flush. I would like to try changing the valve.

Anyone here know the specific location?

Thank you
FlyinTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum! The back flow preventer is behind the access panel in the "super pantry" area... Lower right. I've heard some of the valves they have installed are bad. The water line from the outside valve should come into the valve from the bottom and exit towards the black rank from its side.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #3

Perfect. Thank you
Old 05-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #4
2014 XLR 27HFS

Mine wasn't working either, so I first took the backflow preventer valve apart and thought the ball was jammed in too tight. putting it back together did not solve it, so I got under the camper and followed the line. The factory monkeys zip tied the hose at 180 degrees - closing it off completely. I cut the zip tie and retied it trying to pull the hose straight. The kink didn't want to come out. I squeezed it with pliers and held it for 5 minutes, then immediately zip tied where it was kinked - finger tight only. That did it. I can now use my black tank flush and it works SO GOOD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Valve.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	390.8 KB
ID:	76340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	76341   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	76342  
Old 05-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #5

Tightening zip ties isn't the operation to showcase your herculean strength. It looks like "he" zipped it (albeit too snug) too far down the run; then pulled it back sharply... Still showing off arm strength; even the blue hose is flattened. Maybe a little more training us in order.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:09 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

I would like someone to explain to this dummy why the need for the valve in the first place with a back flow valve on the inlet hose connection like I have. Just don't understand the need or function of having 2 back flow preventers.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #7
2014 XLR 27HFS

You're right OC, you don't need two of them. I only have the one pictured, which is a couple feet of hose inside the trailer, then it goes through the floor, and towards the front before turning around and heading for the black tank.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I would like someone to explain to this dummy why the need for the valve in the first place with a back flow valve on the inlet hose connection like I have. Just don't understand the need or function of having 2 back flow preventers.
I've read a lot about your 2 BF preventers on this forum and think your unit is possibly a one of a kind. I have a MH and have just one BF preventer which is about 5 feet above the black tank inlet and the input port for the flushing water. And yes when I disconnect the inlet port there is residual water that drains back out that port but it is from the input side of the BF preventer (the black tank side is isolated by the BF plunger). My coach manual points this out. Yes, two BF preventers are certainly ridiculous but seems you are among the very few that might have this arrangement. Go figure.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #9

Well took a look at the valve today and it was installed backwards. Turned it around and everything works!

Nice to have such an easy fix.

Tags
black, black water, cat, location, water