Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Thank you much sir! Enjoy it every time I walk out my door and look in it's direction. I can't wait to actually camp in it!
Why Wait? Why not walk out your door TONIGHT and sleep in your new rig instead of the house?
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 603
I slept in it on the way home. No complaints!
__________________

__________________
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
breezyhillfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 546
As for dumping, we have a farm and I call it fertilizing.
__________________
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:12 PM   #64
Just Love to Camp
 
TheFordes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
I slept in it on the way home. No complaints!
I hope while in park
__________________
Camped 54 Night 2012
XLR Thunderbolt 386*12
"Bertha The LeadSled" is her name

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #65
Just Love to Camp
 
TheFordes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
I slept in it on the way home. No complaints!
I hope while stopped. Otherwise you must of been whipped
__________________
Camped 54 Night 2012
XLR Thunderbolt 386*12
"Bertha The LeadSled" is her name

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordes View Post
I hope while stopped. Otherwise you must of been whipped
LOL, reminds me of a silly comedy I saw years back. Two cops driving in their cruiser. The one driving jerks his head and says, "Man, I just had the craziest dream." The other one says, "Dude, you know you're driving, right?"

So, drove 500 miles the first day then stayed the night in a Cabela's parking lot in Hamburg, PA. They one up Walmart for free overnight RV parking with a designated RV lot, dump station, and potable water! We fired up the genny, hit the rain room, popped a couple of adult beverages, and had a pizza delivered...
__________________
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:58 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
...stayed the night in a Cabela's parking lot in Hamburg, PA. They one up Walmart for free overnight RV parking with a designated RV lot, dump station, and potable water! We fired up the genny, hit the rain room, popped a couple of adult beverages, and had a pizza delivered...
I never knew that you could park overnight at a Cabela's or even better that some have dump stations. What a great service to provide. I'm sure they get the return on investment with people shopping the next morning in the store... But I do love the extra idea of ordering pizza in the parking lot...

I will be looking for Cabela's over Walmart's when the option arises and I'm in a pinch. Thanks for the heads up...
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
I never knew that you could park overnight at a Cabela's or even better that some have dump stations. What a great service to provide. I'm sure they get the return on investment with people shopping the next morning in the store... But I do love the extra idea of ordering pizza in the parking lot...

I will be looking for Cabela's over Walmart's when the option arises and I'm in a pinch. Thanks for the heads up...
Not every one has the dump station and water but many do. You can check the website for the city you are in and it will list all the amenities they provide at that location. The pizza was an afterthought. There was a Red Robin, Pizza Hut, and Mcd's in walking distance but it was pouring rain when we pulled in. Neither one of us was volunteering to take the walk and I wasn't going to unhook so we could drive down. So, we googled pizza in Hamburg PA and found a place that delivered. The driver seemed like he had been to our parking lot before. Good pie too...
__________________
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 533
Yep, checked Cabela's website already. I was surprised to see the one closest to me as a dump station. I would not have figured that since this one is not that large. But something to check very easy on the phone when your driving down the road (uh, the DW will be checking the phone while I'm driving... )

And the stories you have with your Dad from this trip will be life long. I can see you two playing Rock/Paper/Scissors to see who would have to run out in the rain...
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:28 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
Yep, checked Cabela's website already. I was surprised to see the one closest to me as a dump station. I would not have figured that since this one is not that large. But something to check very easy on the phone when your driving down the road (uh, the DW will be checking the phone while I'm driving... )

And the stories you have with your Dad from this trip will be life long. I can see you two playing Rock/Paper/Scissors to see who would have to run out in the rain...
You're confusing me with PlayHarder Steve. I went on my trip with the wife. And there was no debate on who was going out in the rain. It was me or nothing....LOL....
__________________

__________________
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.