Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 08:38 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Thank you much sir! Enjoy it every time I walk out my door and look in it's direction. I can't wait to actually camp in it!
Why Wait? Why not walk out your door TONIGHT and sleep in your new rig instead of the house?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #62

I slept in it on the way home. No complaints!
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:04 PM   #63

As for dumping, we have a farm and I call it fertilizing.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:12 PM   #64
Just Love to Camp

Quote:
I hope while in park

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:13 PM   #65
Just Love to Camp

Quote:
I hope while stopped. Otherwise you must of been whipped

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:16 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordes View Post
I hope while stopped. Otherwise you must of been whipped
LOL, reminds me of a silly comedy I saw years back. Two cops driving in their cruiser. The one driving jerks his head and says, "Man, I just had the craziest dream." The other one says, "Dude, you know you're driving, right?"

So, drove 500 miles the first day then stayed the night in a Cabela's parking lot in Hamburg, PA. They one up Walmart for free overnight RV parking with a designated RV lot, dump station, and potable water! We fired up the genny, hit the rain room, popped a couple of adult beverages, and had a pizza delivered...
Old 04-07-2015, 05:58 PM   #67

Quote:
...stayed the night in a Cabela's parking lot in Hamburg, PA. They one up Walmart for free overnight RV parking with a designated RV lot, dump station, and potable water! We fired up the genny, hit the rain room, popped a couple of adult beverages, and had a pizza delivered...
I never knew that you could park overnight at a Cabela's or even better that some have dump stations. What a great service to provide. I'm sure they get the return on investment with people shopping the next morning in the store... But I do love the extra idea of ordering pizza in the parking lot...

I will be looking for Cabela's over Walmart's when the option arises and I'm in a pinch. Thanks for the heads up...
Old 04-07-2015, 06:11 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
I never knew that you could park overnight at a Cabela's or even better that some have dump stations. What a great service to provide. I'm sure they get the return on investment with people shopping the next morning in the store... But I do love the extra idea of ordering pizza in the parking lot...

I will be looking for Cabela's over Walmart's when the option arises and I'm in a pinch. Thanks for the heads up...
Not every one has the dump station and water but many do. You can check the website for the city you are in and it will list all the amenities they provide at that location. The pizza was an afterthought. There was a Red Robin, Pizza Hut, and Mcd's in walking distance but it was pouring rain when we pulled in. Neither one of us was volunteering to take the walk and I wasn't going to unhook so we could drive down. So, we googled pizza in Hamburg PA and found a place that delivered. The driver seemed like he had been to our parking lot before. Good pie too...
Old 04-07-2015, 06:17 PM   #69

Yep, checked Cabela's website already. I was surprised to see the one closest to me as a dump station. I would not have figured that since this one is not that large. But something to check very easy on the phone when your driving down the road (uh, the DW will be checking the phone while I'm driving... )

And the stories you have with your Dad from this trip will be life long. I can see you two playing Rock/Paper/Scissors to see who would have to run out in the rain...
Old 04-07-2015, 06:28 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
Yep, checked Cabela's website already. I was surprised to see the one closest to me as a dump station. I would not have figured that since this one is not that large. But something to check very easy on the phone when your driving down the road (uh, the DW will be checking the phone while I'm driving... )

And the stories you have with your Dad from this trip will be life long. I can see you two playing Rock/Paper/Scissors to see who would have to run out in the rain...
You're confusing me with PlayHarder Steve. I went on my trip with the wife. And there was no debate on who was going out in the rain. It was me or nothing....LOL....
Old 04-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #71

Quote:
You're confusing me with PlayHarder Steve.
Taken,
So sorry... Just sitting here surfing the forum for all the things I need to or want to do with the new TH and my mind was not paying attention.

Thanks for understanding. And I would be in the same boat with my DW if someone needed to go out in the rain...
Old 04-07-2015, 06:44 PM   #72

Rodney,

Just got home from our first trip with our XLR 380 AMP. My ram 2500 towed it just fine. Kept it about 60-65 and never had an issue. Averaged about 9.5 pulling from Tacoma, WA to Bullhead City, AZ. I am looking into installing the Tuscon sway controller and saw you got that as an option. Owned many trailers but first 5th wheel so I have no comparison on towing 5'rs. The triple axle worked great, but just the size of the footprint in the wind I could feel the trailer sway a bit. Just curious if you have any input on the value of adding it.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkchriston View Post
Rodney,

Just got home from our first trip with our XLR 380 AMP. My ram 2500 towed it just fine. Kept it about 60-65 and never had an issue. Averaged about 9.5 pulling from Tacoma, WA to Bullhead City, AZ. I am looking into installing the Tuscon sway controller and saw you got that as an option. Owned many trailers but first 5th wheel so I have no comparison on towing 5'rs. The triple axle worked great, but just the size of the footprint in the wind I could feel the trailer sway a bit. Just curious if you have any input on the value of adding it.
My last 5th toyhauler was almost the same size. 40' and about 16k loaded for travel but was a double axle instead of a triple. I'm not sure if it is axle placement, double vs. triple, or the sway control but this trailer was like an arrow the 800 miles back from the dealer. Although, I haven't tested it with a load in the garage. My last one was pretty much like an arrow too empty so will have to wait for a real review when loaded...