Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #1

Boost 27QB is in...

Got the call that my Boost is in.... Has anyone else picked one up yet? This is my first camper so I'm cautiously eager. I've been poking around here since I placed the order in Jan, so I've already got a list of things to do. I also downloaded the inspection checklist out of the docs page last night.

I still need to get the wd hitch and will hit the scales shortly there after. I'm going to be close I believe with my Ram, but we'll see how it feels and what the numbers say.

What am I missing? If anyone else has picked up a Boost, any initial issues?
GSD_Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:18 PM   #2

Where did you buy? I live a couple miles from Couch's and have two WD hitches for sale. One Reese and one Blue Ox.

Jeff

-2016 XLR Nitro 31 FQSL
-2006 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ
Mainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainous View Post
Where did you buy? I live a couple miles from Couch's and have two WD hitches for sale. One Reese and one Blue Ox.
Avalon RV in Medina. They have hitches there as well. Looking at the EazLift R6.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #4

Congratulations!
Cow Bell
2010 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner Deluxe
chpence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #5

Congratulations! Have fun!
RVBikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #6

Backup Camera

Getting ready to pickup a 27QB it is backup camera ready. What is the brand of system that is compatible with it?
duster35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:57 PM   #7

Sight snag in my delivery, wrong floor was ordered, they have to wait for another in a couple weeks... Back to the waiting game.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster35 View Post
Getting ready to pickup a 27QB it is backup camera ready. What is the brand of system that is compatible with it?
I've seen a few threads over the last few weeks on backup cameras, I'll see if I can find a link for you.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:16 AM   #9
Real Nice Clark

Now that you've had your Boost for almost a year, what do you think? Reviews are tough to find on this model...
mountainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjunkie View Post
Now that you've had your Boost for almost a year, what do you think? Reviews are tough to find on this model...

Sorry it took a while, I haven't been on here most of the winter.

So the boost 27QB has been pretty good for us. We had it out a handful of times last season. I towed it from Cleveland to Oshkosh WI solo for a week up there. Took it on a ferry out to one of the Lake Erie Islands in Sept. Boondocked once, had friends stay with us a few times, all in all, good to go.

A few of the issues we had, drawing a siphon on the fresh water tank. The first trip out was the boondock trip and I was headed to a friend's property in WV with the wife, 2 german sheperd's, and a quad, and 2 other friends were staying in the camper when we got there. Sure enough, most of my fresh water ended up on I77 and US50... I ended up putting a ball valve on the vent pipe towards the end of the season, so I shouldn't have that issue anymore.

About the biggest issue we had that wasn't self induced was in Oct. I had just loaded up the camper with the generator, quad, full load of water, etc, for a weekend 4 wheeler trip boondocking, when I noticed right before locking up that the fridge wouldn't switch off propane to power. I checked my cord, breaker box in the house etc, couldn't see any issue, then I decided to open up the box on the trailer. Nothing tripped in there either, but I couldn't hear the inverter fan running, so it was more than just the fridge. I took the plastic surround off the camper electric panel to find all of my neutrals scorched!! The power wire going to the 30A breaker ran right across the neutrals. I called the dealer and they were able to get me in that night. It turned out to only be a pigtale about 12" long that had to be replaced thanks to the generator prep. There's another box behind the panel that the exterior plug comes into first, then that pigtale into the breakers.

One of the things I did do right away was replace the factory fuel nozzle with a better one from TSC and a swivel coupler between the hose and nozzle. Makes life mo betta. Also put some stick on lights in the wardrobe closets in the master bedroom, they are pretty dark. I attempted to put a cover over the bathroom vent, but because of the way it's mounted, I couldn't get it to work and didn't feel like rigging it at that time. I may climb back up and do it this spring.

The factory slinky tube unerneath is only good for a 10' hose, of course I bought a 15 or 20 so I had to replace that.

What else are ya looking for, I'll try to check back and answer any other questions.

Tim