Old 02-09-2015, 10:14 PM   #21

well i hope this isn't real common and only effecting a few . i just purchased a 15 29hfs . would hate to have to have it in the shop , or start a suit against forest river . one yr bumper to bumper . i won't try to repair cabinets doors that strip out i will want whole new door. guess i will see pick my unit in in april when i head out east . need to make a call to the dealer and make sure all is good , because when it's delivered it better be perfect without any damage or signs of leaks etc or i won't sign for it and make them take it back

Old 02-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #22
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieburnett2 View Post
Hello all! My wife and I have had ours for about 6 months now and we use it a good bit! When we picked it up we found some issues,
screws coming out of bedroom door hanger
shower door handles fell off (both sides)
light switches controlling the wrong lights
Thermostat in garage out of range
Awning on the back leaking between camper and awning
Cabinet handle making marks in the refrigerator doors when slide is in
LCI remote not setup correctly, awnings working in reverse
Outside bottom panels has stains that will not wash off
Front awning badly wrinkled and out of alignment (will not retract fully without help)
Will not except fuel in both tanks
Bedroom slide has fault code about motor, (will not work unless you do a override)

This is what we have seen so far! LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR! WE LOVE OUR XLR 415amp!

I really want to tell people that are looking to buy one that everything has been "Top Quality" but I have not been totally convinced yet. I would love to tell folks that if you have a problem that the dealers will take care of you but I can't yet and here why, I have taken my unit to the dealer, and pointed out all of the issues. They have taken care of most of the items except for a few issues like smudges on the bottom portion that will not come off. Awning anchor screw left out and now awning is stretched. He said that FR denied the claim!

My wife is MAD and I have a empty wallet, and I don't know who to call.

I see that someone said to look on the FR site for phone numbers so I will try this.

Donnie
Go to the forest river website and pull up the XLR section. On there you will find the warranty and service department phone number. Give them a call.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #23

Don't like reading about all these issues on new units and then to hear forest river is denying what seems like most of it . it is time all this get documented and sent off to forest river ,can any body say class action suit , Haven't even gotten my unit and now wondering if a made a good choice with forest river unit . i will go through mine with a fine tooth comb if it's not perfect I'm not accepting delivery until it's made right and they can pay to ship it both ways
Old 02-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #24

Bad news travels fast and lasts forever on the net. You don't hear from all the satisfied customers (the majority of buyers....) They are too busy enjoying their unit. Don't sweat it until you get it. It will most likely be just fine...
Old 02-11-2015, 06:23 PM   #25

My 2014 300x12 has traveled over 2800 miles on 5 trips with no issues except what I created.
So far so good !😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #26

taken: you're correct . i'm sure there are way more satisfied customers then not . I would like to hear some stories from then and how well forest river preformed to solve there issues or how it was all trouble free . one dealer i had talked to before my purchase said forest river was difficult to deal with on warranty work . and then read a few issues here makes you wonder . hope it all goes well
Old 02-12-2015, 12:57 AM   #27

I had a few issues with my '15 XLR. Needed a new fridge, replaced by dealer under warranty. Small leak in roof around AC. Fixed by dealer under warranty. Awning LEDs separating from the body, as well as part of the awning track, fixed by dealer under warranty. Paneling over sink sagged in the middle (apparently they didn't put enough and/or properly spaced nails/brads in at the factory,) also fixed by dealer under warranty. Other than the fact that I ordered the camper with a gray exterior and it came through with a white one, I think FR has done well by me so far. Plus I suspect that the exterior color screw-up may have been my salesman's fault and not FR's!

So, to quote Aaron Rodgers here: RELAX. Check it out when you get it. There will be minor stuff wrong, but don't panic. Keep an open mind and open lines of communication with your dealer, and you'll be a happy camper before you know it...
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:02 AM   #28

Unlike cars there built by people and we all know no one is perfect. I opened a can on that one
Old 02-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #29

I may have jumped to gun a bit with the dealer stating the clam of denial.

This is what I did, good people on here gave good info and I took them up on calling the FR folks. Great move on my part. They have records to prove they don't just deny claims. It turns out that the dealer when to the manufacture of the canopy and they denied the clam, said the screw was not installed from factory. That makes sense because that is exactly what happened.

In other words if you have problems check with Forest River not just your dealer.

I realize that they will be bugs here in there and things will break and things will have to be covered in warranty. But all in all my experience with this XLR has been great we love it.

Donnie Burnett
Old 02-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I had a few issues with my '15 XLR. Needed a new fridge, replaced by dealer under warranty. Small leak in roof around AC. Fixed by dealer under warranty. Awning LEDs separating from the body, as well as part of the awning track, fixed by dealer under warranty. Paneling over sink sagged in the middle (apparently they didn't put enough and/or properly spaced nails/brads in at the factory,) also fixed by dealer under warranty. Other than the fact that I ordered the camper with a gray exterior and it came through with a white one, I think FR has done well by me so far. Plus I suspect that the exterior color screw-up may have been my salesman's fault and not FR's!

So, to quote Aaron Rodgers here: RELAX. Check it out when you get it. There will be minor stuff wrong, but don't panic. Keep an open mind and open lines of communication with your dealer, and you'll be a happy camper before you know it...

They may have been small but how many times back to the dealer , and how much time spent dealing with things that just weren't right . seems there's no excuse for a lot of this stuff , not like i have a forest river dealer around the corner . i hope mine is not as bad . lots of what you listed may be small but no reason for this in the first place . they are put together by professional or not . i could not and would not let work out like that . should have done more research .
I Live in Colorado bought this through a dealer in Ohio have it shipped to mo where i pick it up and then back to Co . I'ts not so easy to just take it to the dealer

Tags
quality