Old 02-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #41

Taken--for you, my system doesn't work because you don't have a dealer close enough. My dealer isn't an XLR dealer per se, but they do carry other FR lines and were willing to go outside their comfort zone and order me the XLR. Plus they're authorized to do FR warranty work, and they have a great service area (only RV lift in the area) and great techs. So it was worth it to me to cultivate the relationship with this dealer. For you, not so much if you don't have one closeby. But if you don't have a dealer, life is going to be frustrating with a new RV...

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:57 AM   #42

Well, again, not always. My last new rig was a 2013 Heartland Road Warrior 30C. Other than a couple of panels that need tacked and a bad water pump, the trailer never needed service.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #43

I can empathize with the OP. We bought our Nitro from RVWholesalers in Ohio sight unseen as well. I was getting a bit nervous from all the negative posts, etc.. Plus they, the dealer, aren't the best at communications and status updates. Compounding it all is that it's our first ever camper. We just kind of crossed our fingers and hoped for the best (also we did see a number of posts about how great FR is so...). We also realized that people that are happy and satisfied tend to not go online and post about it.

We had our unit delivered to a CG about 6 miles from our house. It had w/e no sewer so we were able to test pretty much everything but the black water dump while the camper was there. A week after that we went on a 1300 mile trip that was all boondocking so we got to really test the genny at that point too. We had zero real problems with the trailer. The only issues we had are the radio is not what is advertised on the FR site to be their standard issue and the door jamb for the bedroom pulled completely out of the wall about the third time we opened the sliding door (that's a pretty strong magnet on that sucker). The radio is too minor to go through the hassle of a claim and the door jamb I fixed by using screws to put it back on instead of the thin nails that were used at the factory.

BLUF (oops...kinda late for that), we've been satisfied enough that I've posted in several places how much we like and enjoy the camper and how happy we are with the delivered product.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAndJane View Post
I can empathize with the OP. We bought our Nitro from RVWholesalers in Ohio sight unseen as well. I was getting a bit nervous from all the negative posts, etc.. Plus they, the dealer, aren't the best at communications and status updates.
This was a huge deciding factor for us between RV Wholesalers and Couch's. Their prices are identical to each other and are both are the same distance from me. However, their approach to sales and communication couldn't be more different. RVW would take 2-4 days to respond to emails and when they did it was always 1-2 sentences with no punctuation or capital letters giving only the most basic answer to my questions and always ending with something like, "we have to get this done today to lock in the price..." Couch's never pushed the sale and Brannon answered every one of my million emails within 5 minutes. Even after they were closed at night and on weekends when he was off. After the order was in, the great communication has continued allowing me to make changes to the build and answering more questions... The kicker was after I signed with Couch's, Derek from RVW contacted me with a last minute push. I informed him that I had already signed with Couch's to which he suggested I cancel the credit card I used for my deposit so I could weasel out of the deal. Um...no.

Anyways, sorry to go off topic and back to your regularly scheduled conversation...
Old 02-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #45

I agree. We went to Couch's as well and Brannon took very good care of us. We used the rig last season with zero problems except three LED marker lights going out. Couch's parts folks sent me three new lights immediately with a label to send the bad ones back at no charge. We are fans.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #46

Sounds like build quality is above average and Couch's is better than RVW for communication and service.

Most of the time you will be camping when something big happen to go wrong. You will need a RV Service tech to come to your site which is covered with your purchase from Couch's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #47

I purchased my trailer from Jeff and my experience was not great. He changed the WDH without telling me so we had to wait almost all day to get it sorted out. When I had an issue with the shower tap they were not willing to send me a new one. They were also no help trying to get other issues resolved.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:18 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by The KULAs View Post
Sounds like build quality is above average and Couch's is better than RVW for communication and service.

Most of the time you will be camping when something big happen to go wrong. You will need a RV Service tech to come to your site which is covered with your purchase from Couch's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Boy can't imagine ever using a rv tech unless it's all covered under warranty . and after warranty no one touches or works on my stuff but me . hoping to make money on the road fixing others rv
Old 03-17-2015, 11:05 PM   #49

Just bought a 36DBKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
I can assure you that FR is concerned about your issue. XLR has not grown today by not taking care of it's customers. I myself read your letter and am working with the warranty department to resolve your issues. You should (if you have not already) be receiving a phone call from Diane.
Bob, I'll reach out if the dealer doesn't hold up their end of the bargain, so far it's working o.k....but there are some issues. Glad to hear you're helping folks out!

2015 36DBK5
2015 Chevy 3500 dually
Ninemmsig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality