Old 11-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #11
John513

There's a pretty good spot like 12 X 12 area on the fiberglass exterior that is darker or brownish looking. If you get real close you see small black spots and it seams to be under gel coat.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
John513

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Couch's
has great deals , make sure you know what your buying and check the spec sheet against what you are getting . Make sure they match . won't want you getting a 19,000 btu furnace that was spec'd at 20,000 . etc as long as you do your PDI very carefully and get anything that's not right fixed before you leave . Then should you have any warranty issues lots of times couch's will get it set up to send you the part/parts and you do the labor . did this with a cracked fender flare and a vent fan motor . both times the parts showed up on time and I know they were installed correctly . Brannon has been helpful anytime i've called just stay away from Jeff
Speaking of the furnace anyone ever get a fix on that since spec sheet says 20000 BTU but really getting 19000 BTU.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:04 PM   #13

I bought a CC from Couch's about a year ago and saved about $8k over an instate dealer. Since then I have had a couple warranty jobs done locally with no problem. Forest River will work with any dealer who is an FR recognized dealer who doesn't necessarily sell a particular model like the CC. I was told by FR I could take it to any RV dealer and pay up front and get reimbursed. I haven't had any issues with FR working warranty work. Couch's definitely is a money saver.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #14

Bought mine in Detroit, live in Birmingham Alabama, had one issue, warranty on the A/C. Took to local dealer, no problem, they will like to sell you, your next camper
Old 11-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #15

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybird View Post
For those who bought their RV from Couch's or another whosesaler and live hundreds of miles away, how has it been getting service and/or warranty work from your local dealer/service center? Were you able to establish a good relationship with your local person, or are you constantly pushed to the back of the line?

We're about 9 hours away from Couch's. However, Brannonn has already given me a list of authorized service centers in our area. I'm thinking of calling or visiting the closest one this week, which is just a service center, no sales, and speaking with them about our purchase to get a feel for what to expect and to try to begin to establish a relationship. Thoughts???
I had horrible dealings with JEFF COUCHand BRANNON. They can spin a response to any problem that only suits them. I am out of pocket 3477.00 US after their driver delivered my RV with damage caused in transit. Do not allow them to hire out your RV to a John Cesar for transport needed..
Old 11-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judytrem View Post
I had horrible dealings with JEFF COUCHand BRANNON. They can spin a response to any problem that only suits them. I am out of pocket 3477.00 US after their driver delivered my RV with damage caused in transit. Do not allow them to hire out your RV to a John Cesar for transport needed..
My neighbor had the same problem with trailer damaged in transit from Couch. He absolved himself (Jeff) from any responsibility blaming the independent transporter he hired. Long story short the transporter paid after the trailer was repaired about 8 months later. Of course my neighbor paid upfront first.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #17

I picked mine up from Couch's to save on the transport cost. Why pay the high transport rate when you can pull it yourself?
Old 11-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Guy View Post
My neighbor had the same problem with trailer damaged in transit from Couch. He absolved himself (Jeff) from any responsibility blaming the independent transporter he hired. Long story short the transporter paid after the trailer was repaired about 8 months later. Of course my neighbor paid upfront first.

Didn't insurance cover these two trailers? While it's a shame it happened, couch's is correct that its up to the transporter and their insurance.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
Old 11-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #19

Agree with the last two posts.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Agree with the last two posts.
Agree as well. We'll be picking it up - that's part of the adventure for us

Tags