Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #41

Sir,,I am more than accurate and have emails to back every word I wrote..Wish that you could walk a few steps in my shoes just to see what a hardship this is.I know of 2 other people that have experianced.One is from New Brunswick Canada.I live in Nova Scotia
Judytrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #42

BHF, I know you had a good experience with Couch's and will also take the OPs word about their experience. That being said, Couch's needs to make this right, or show why they won't, but I won't hold my breath.

I would suggest to the OP to contact Trailer Life and see if they can help. They have a forum for this kind of thing... I do subscribe to the magazine. Putting something like this out nationally sometimes gets good results.

I gave an honest assessment about RVW and again, am overall happy with my purchase. If asked I give my story, but where anyone buys and why is their decision. In RVW's case, being responsive to warranty request is something that they could be better at. My perception of service is tied to promptness, and just common courtesy as to what is going on. Mr. Durnell monitors this forum and has responded to me, but the difficulty getting his warranty person to respond has not improved... based on the last time I contacted them. Is it the norm that you would leave multiple voicemails, and send multiple over a period of a week or more to someone, without hearing anything? Right now, I don't have an issue... I'm in the second warranty year and now go directly to a local dealer, BTW.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:05 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judytrem View Post
Sir,,I am more than accurate and have emails to back every word I wrote..Wish that you could walk a few steps in my shoes just to see what a hardship this is.I know of 2 other people that have experianced.One is from New Brunswick Canada.I live in Nova Scotia

As I said Judy, I wasn't diminishing you experience.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
BHF, I know you had a good experience with Couch's and will also take the OPs word about their experience. That being said, Couch's needs to make this right, or show why they won't, but I won't hold my breath.

I would suggest to the OP to contact Trailer Life and see if they can help. They have a forum for this kind of thing... I do subscribe to the magazine. Putting something like this out nationally sometimes gets good results.

I gave an honest assessment about RVW and again, am overall happy with my purchase. If asked I give my story, but where anyone buys and why is their decision. In RVW's case, being responsive to warranty request is something that they could be better at. My perception of service is tied to promptness, and just common courtesy as to what is going on. Mr. Durnell monitors this forum and has responded to me, but the difficulty getting his warranty person to respond has not improved... based on the last time I contacted them. Is it the norm that you would leave multiple voicemails, and send multiple over a period of a week or more to someone, without hearing anything? Right now, I don't have an issue... I'm in the second warranty year and now go directly to a local dealer, BTW.
WW

A thoughtful response and I agree. However, I wonder if Trailer Life is the way to go? Wonder if FR has gotten directly involved? They can work with dealers to help make things right.

2014 XLR27HFS
Old 11-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
A thoughtful response and I agree. However, I wonder if Trailer Life is the way to go? Wonder if FR has gotten directly involved? They can work with dealers to help make things right.

2014 XLR27HFS
I hope there is something being done behind the scenes, but after a year? My point, even if the delivery was essentially between the buyer and the transport company, Couch's recommended them and then let an uninsured person drive off with it. I think the OP said he wasn't insured (?).
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 11-04-2015, 12:28 PM   #46

Bought from couchs rv...i live in richmond...most of the time i cant even get couchs to call me back...saved 6 grand going there however...locals first question is did you buy it here then they say they have no time to fit you in...lucky for us nothing major was wrong and the warranty ends in march anyway
2015 Roadglide spec
2012 switchback mechanic..(wife's)
roguepra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I hope there is something being done behind the scenes, but after a year? My point, even if the delivery was essentially between the buyer and the transport company, Couch's recommended them and then let an uninsured person drive off with it. I think the OP said he wasn't insured (?).

WW

I don't remember now WW. However, due diligence was lacking all around if this story is accurate.

2014 XLR27HFS
Old 11-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #48

It's official - I ordered it today!!!
chrissybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:08 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybird View Post

Congrats!!! From where???
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Congrats!!! From where???
Brannon at Couch's
Old 11-04-2015, 03:55 PM   #51

Now the wait. That's the tough part...
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #52

Quote:

Congrats! By the way, which model did you order?

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:34 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3Jones View Post
Congrats! By the way, which model did you order?

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
Hyper Lite 29HFS

We are so excited!!!!!
Old 11-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #54

Quote:
Brannon at Couch's

Good choice! Enjoy it.

2014 XLR27HFS
Old 11-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #55

Best wishes on the new adventure. Remember life isn't a sprint; its an endurance race.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 11-04-2015, 09:08 PM   #56

We are currently looking at Couch's, its good to know that it sounds like they are willing to help out with warranty work/parts.

I bought my last camper through a local Forest River dealer, so I am hoping if I have issues they would still do the warranty work. Camper should come off the line this week, so hoping to go see it soon.

-- 2017 Ford F150 FX4/Lariat
-- 3.5L EcoBoost w/ 10 Speed & Max Tow
-- 2016 Salem Hemisphere Lite 27BH
Shanks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:59 AM   #57

Quote:
Hyper Lite 29HFS

We are so excited!!!!!
Welcome to the 29HFS family. Looking forward to hearing the changes they have made this year vs last year (I picked up my 29HFS this spring...).

Happy camping...

Tags
service