Old 11-02-2015, 11:20 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybird View Post
For those who bought their RV from Couch's or another whosesaler and live hundreds of miles away, how has it been getting service and/or warranty work from your local dealer/service center? Were you able to establish a good relationship with your local person, or are you constantly pushed to the back of the line?

We're about 9 hours away from Couch's. However, Brannonn has already given me a list of authorized service centers in our area. I'm thinking of calling or visiting the closest one this week, which is just a service center, no sales, and speaking with them about our purchase to get a feel for what to expect and to try to begin to establish a relationship. Thoughts???
When I needed warranty service I called a local dealer and the first thing they asked was did I buy it from them. When I told them no, they said it would be a year before they would get to it. I then visited another local dealer and went directly to the service manager and made an appointment for the next month. He never asked if I bought it from them. Lesson learned, talk to the service manager and not a salesman.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:41 PM   #32

Bought from RV Wholesalers. They are slow to respond when issues occurred, but if you don't give up they will eventually respond. When CW and Dick Gore refused to work on the very first issue, they RVW dropped the ball and it was up to me to find a willing dealer, which I did and was completely satisfied with Camper's Inn. Next the AC went out, RVW tried to find someone on short notice and failed. I took to CI and again, CI came through. Then the AC failed again and took to CI again, they were slower but did come through. I have had numerous issues that i fixed myself, rather than take to a dealer; none of which, showed up at the pdi. I would buy from RVW again, but because of the price, not the often touted nationwide dealer network that I have not personally seen. It is only my opinion, but I don't think buying local will help at all. I don't think there is any order of where in line you would be, they pretty much treat everyone not driving high dollar rig with disdain.
WW

Old 11-03-2015, 09:00 AM   #33

2014 Salem 27RKSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
As I said earlier, I agree completely. I don't think Couch's just hires random owner operators to deliver their rigs. Whatever company sent that driver to Couch's to deliver that rig needs to work on their vetting process...
I was promised by both Jeff and Brannon,have the emails to prove it,that things would be taken care of but it would take time.Jeff said he was not responsible after a year or so as I had hired the driver. I did not hire him,Jeff did and told me that this person was hired and would be delivering my RV to the border.He also hired a driver who had no insurance coverage!!
The driver and owner John Cesar ran into road construction and my trailer was damaged. I live in Canada, am a senior and so that is how the story goes on. No payment. Each one blaming the other and I was left with the bill to have it repaired .3477.00.There is some kind of scam going on and being on the other side of the border makes it hard to fix. Any Canadians thinking of buying in the US should think twice about buying from Couch and getting it transported to Canada. John Cesar owner of AJ transport had promised me payment too but has since disappeared. He told me for 6 months the check was in the mail..
Old 11-03-2015, 09:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRiordan View Post
Speaking of the furnace anyone ever get a fix on that since spec sheet says 20000 BTU but really getting 19000 BTU.
some satisfaction 'now it looks as though the specs sheets have been changed for the most part .that was part of the deal along with a 2nd yr warranty thrown in. hope it does not continue to happen to others as now there is no excuse it's common knowledge now
Old 11-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #35

[QUOTE=Judytrem;1026968]
Quote:
As I said earlier, I agree completely. I don't think Couch's just hires random owner operators to deliver their rigs. Whatever company sent that driver to Couch's to deliver that rig needs to work on their vetting process...[/QUOT

I was promised by both Jeff and Brannon,have the emails to prove it,that things would be taken care of but it would take time.Jeff said he was not responsible after a year or so as I had hired the driver. I did not hire him,Jeff did and told me that this person was hired and would be delivering my RV to the border.He also hired a driver who had no insurance coverage!!
The driver and owner John Cesar ran into road construction and my trailer was damaged. I live in Canada, am a senior and so that is how the story goes on. No payment. Each one blaming the other and I was left with the bill to have it repaired .3477.00.There is some kind of scam going on and being on the other side of the border makes it hard to fix. Any Canadians thinking of buying in the US should think twice about buying from Couch and getting it transported to Canada. John Cesar owner of AJ transport had promised me payment too but has since disappeared. He told me for 6 months the check was in the mail..
This really sucks. Everyone, US and Canadian should really consider this tale of woe before buying from Couch's; because the bottom line is, they (Jeff or whoever) picked or presented to a buyer a transport service that allows him to sell to buyers out of the country. He probably thought this company was a good one and must have trusted them, but when they proved him wrong, then he is ethically responsible; I don't know if he is legally. This is about more than the money. Successfully selling remotely out of state and of of the country has to be based on immaculate trust and this trust is broken, until Couch's makes it right. Trust is a fragile thing and I can tell you, I wouldn't consider trusting them at this point. I were you I would get the word out all over the RV world. Not just this forum, but any and all that I could sign up for. Or course, I hope it doesn't come down to this.
WW
Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #36

[QUOTE=WolfWhistle;1027143]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judytrem View Post

This really sucks. Everyone, US and Canadian should really consider this tale of woe before buying from Couch's; because the bottom line is, they (Jeff or whoever) picked or presented to a buyer a transport service that allows him to sell to buyers out of the country. He probably thought this company was a good one and must have trusted them, but when they proved him wrong, then he is ethically responsible; I don't know if he is legally. This is about more than the money. Successfully selling remotely out of state and of of the country has to be based on immaculate trust and this trust is broken, until Couch's makes it right. Trust is a fragile thing and I can tell you, I wouldn't consider trusting them at this point. I were you I would get the word out all over the RV world. Not just this forum, but any and all that I could sign up for. Or course, I hope it doesn't come down to this.
WW
He basically under cuts everybody else in price so I wouldn't eliminate him altogether but I would do my due diligence when selecting a transport company thereby taking on that responsibility.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #37

[QUOTE=WolfWhistle;1027143]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judytrem View Post

WW

Well, WW, we are not related to Jeff or Brannon in any way, but we had a great experience with them. That said, if the poster's experience is accurate, this was a cluster**** all around. I'm very surprised to hear that.

However, not diminishing the poster's problems in any way, I would certainly not condemn them. They have probably sold thousands of rigs and I have heard very few bad experiences.

I highly recommend them.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
Old 11-03-2015, 08:12 PM   #38

Exactly right BHF. When one story goes against the norm it's either an extreme exception or we aren't hearing the whole story.

It is funny watching the p'ing match between Couch's and RVW customers here in the XLR forum though. People either had a horrible or excellent experience at either and damn the other. (Including myself.) I guess competition is a good thing. Like the old saying goes, "That's why it's good they make chocolate and vanilla. Something for everyone..."
Old 11-03-2015, 08:24 PM   #39

Quote:
It is funny watching the p'ing match between Couch's and RVW customers here in the XLR forum though. People either had a horrible or excellent experience at either and damn the other. (Including myself.) I guess competition is a good thing. Like the old saying goes, "That's why it's good they make chocolate and vanilla. Something for everyone..."
Competition is good for all consumers. From all the stories above it sounds like anybody in the market for a rig owes it to themselves to call both (couch and RVW).

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
R3Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #40

[QUOTE=breezyhillfarm;1027533]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post

Well, WW, we are not related to Jeff or Brannon in any way, but we had a great experience with them. That said, if the poster's experience is accurate, this was a cluster**** all around. I'm very surprised to hear that.

However, not diminishing the poster's problems in any way, I would certainly not condemn them. They have probably sold thousands of rigs and I have heard very few bad experiences.

I highly recommend them.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)

Tags
service