Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 12
Sir,,I am more than accurate and have emails to back every word I wrote..Wish that you could walk a few steps in my shoes just to see what a hardship this is.I know of 2 other people that have experianced.One is from New Brunswick Canada.I live in Nova Scotia
__________________

__________________
Judytrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
BHF, I know you had a good experience with Couch's and will also take the OPs word about their experience. That being said, Couch's needs to make this right, or show why they won't, but I won't hold my breath.

I would suggest to the OP to contact Trailer Life and see if they can help. They have a forum for this kind of thing... I do subscribe to the magazine. Putting something like this out nationally sometimes gets good results.

I gave an honest assessment about RVW and again, am overall happy with my purchase. If asked I give my story, but where anyone buys and why is their decision. In RVW's case, being responsive to warranty request is something that they could be better at. My perception of service is tied to promptness, and just common courtesy as to what is going on. Mr. Durnell monitors this forum and has responded to me, but the difficulty getting his warranty person to respond has not improved... based on the last time I contacted them. Is it the norm that you would leave multiple voicemails, and send multiple over a period of a week or more to someone, without hearing anything? Right now, I don't have an issue... I'm in the second warranty year and now go directly to a local dealer, BTW.
WW
__________________

__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:05 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
breezyhillfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judytrem View Post
Sir,,I am more than accurate and have emails to back every word I wrote..Wish that you could walk a few steps in my shoes just to see what a hardship this is.I know of 2 other people that have experianced.One is from New Brunswick Canada.I live in Nova Scotia

As I said Judy, I wasn't diminishing you experience.


2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
__________________
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
breezyhillfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
BHF, I know you had a good experience with Couch's and will also take the OPs word about their experience. That being said, Couch's needs to make this right, or show why they won't, but I won't hold my breath.

I would suggest to the OP to contact Trailer Life and see if they can help. They have a forum for this kind of thing... I do subscribe to the magazine. Putting something like this out nationally sometimes gets good results.

I gave an honest assessment about RVW and again, am overall happy with my purchase. If asked I give my story, but where anyone buys and why is their decision. In RVW's case, being responsive to warranty request is something that they could be better at. My perception of service is tied to promptness, and just common courtesy as to what is going on. Mr. Durnell monitors this forum and has responded to me, but the difficulty getting his warranty person to respond has not improved... based on the last time I contacted them. Is it the norm that you would leave multiple voicemails, and send multiple over a period of a week or more to someone, without hearing anything? Right now, I don't have an issue... I'm in the second warranty year and now go directly to a local dealer, BTW.
WW

A thoughtful response and I agree. However, I wonder if Trailer Life is the way to go? Wonder if FR has gotten directly involved? They can work with dealers to help make things right.


2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
__________________
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
A thoughtful response and I agree. However, I wonder if Trailer Life is the way to go? Wonder if FR has gotten directly involved? They can work with dealers to help make things right.


2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
I hope there is something being done behind the scenes, but after a year? My point, even if the delivery was essentially between the buyer and the transport company, Couch's recommended them and then let an uninsured person drive off with it. I think the OP said he wasn't insured (?).
WW
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:28 PM   #46
Member
 
roguepra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 55
Bought from couchs rv...i live in richmond...most of the time i cant even get couchs to call me back...saved 6 grand going there however...locals first question is did you buy it here then they say they have no time to fit you in...lucky for us nothing major was wrong and the warranty ends in march anyway
__________________
2016 XLR 27hfs
2014 Tundra SR5/TRD 5.7 Firestone Airbags
Blue Ox WDH
2015 Roadglide spec
2012 switchback mechanic..(wife's)
roguepra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
breezyhillfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I hope there is something being done behind the scenes, but after a year? My point, even if the delivery was essentially between the buyer and the transport company, Couch's recommended them and then let an uninsured person drive off with it. I think the OP said he wasn't insured (?).

WW

I don't remember now WW. However, due diligence was lacking all around if this story is accurate.


2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
__________________
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #48
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 85
It's official - I ordered it today!!!
__________________
chrissybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:08 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Western, MA
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybird View Post
It's official - I ordered it today!!!

Congrats!!! From where???
__________________
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #50
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Congrats!!! From where???
Brannon at Couch's
__________________

__________________
chrissybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
service

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.