Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 02:08 AM   #1

Check your crimped connections

Been quit for awhile but still watching😜 life been too busy --

Anyway posting this because I feel it important -- went to go camping Friday hooked up had generator running in driveway all week - and went to leave and nothing no power to generator grrrrr

Long story short the neg cable that is connected to the frame with a tek screw was over torque on install and broke off --

Instead of running it back to battery - they just tek screwed it to the frame -which is one way to do it - but not the best way!

Also while researching where the cable came off - I noticed every single crimp that wasn't pre made w shrink warp - was Bad - guess nobody there knows how to use a crimping tool or are using the wrong size of crimp tool - this Is a fire or shock hazard waiting to happen!

The location is from where the battery ties in with everything behind plastic cover on front of your TH - every crimped fitting was ready to fall out and short out..........

Save yourself and check these crimps asap

Got a list of upgrades coming soon will be posting them soon 😎 been following all the great post out there good stuff

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote