Old 06-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ2 View Post
The B&W won't work without a flat bed of some kind. It's only attachment point is the drop bar into the vertical receiver. What would you allow the Companion feet to sit on?
B&W said that a simple wooden plateform made from plywood would be sufficient for the base as most of the weight is taken by the turnoverball. Not ideal but simple. If I went that route, I had intended to make a metal platform that would sit on the frame above the turnover ball for the base to sit on.

-Hillsboro Flatbed, Dakota Hills Truck Defender Aluminum Front Bumper, S&B Cold Air Intake, AirLift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate, VIAIR Medium Duty Onboard Air System,
mark.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #12
CJ2

If they said it would work, I won't argue. I have one even though I've taken the hitch out only once in over a year. Going the plywood route, I would at least make it two layers of 3/4".

Old 06-25-2016, 09:12 AM   #13

I have the Reese Signature Series 24k , im pulling a xlr 21k gross with a 2011 Chevy drw and that hitch is very nice, easy to remove, nice set up, that B&W hitch I had in the same truck and I don't like them imo there not heavy enough for toy haulers in that 21k range, and why would you wanna bolt in your hitch everytime is just goofy
Old 06-25-2016, 11:45 AM   #14
CJ2

Why would you need to bolt it in every time? It can just stay in the bed. I take it out to use the bed - one pin and lift it with the trailer. I like the B&W because I can tow a gooseneck or 5th wheel with a 5 minute change. Not everyone needs to do that.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #15

So when you put ur hitch back in there's no bolt at the top and 2 "U" bolts to hold it to the goose neck stem
Old 06-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shejam28 View Post
So when you put ur hitch back in there's no bolt at the top and 2 "U" bolts to hold it to the goose neck stem
There are on the B&W. I believe it is a wash. You're either tightening a few bolts or pushing in four pins and clips when you put either hitch back into the truck.
-Hillsboro Flatbed, Dakota Hills Truck Defender Aluminum Front Bumper, S&B Cold Air Intake, AirLift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate, VIAIR Medium Duty Onboard Air System,
mark.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:44 PM   #17
CJ2

On mine, the two u-bolts are in the bed permanently, but spring loaded to keep them flush. To use the gooseneck you drop the ball in, and let the pin secure it from the rod in the left rear wheel well. To use the 5th wheel, just drop the shaft in like you would for the ball and let the pin secure it in the same way. to keep the hitch snug, you tighten one bolt on top of the shaft to snug it against the bed pin.