Old 11-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #11
cogito ergo moo
I bought from RVW. I got exactly what I wanted, at the best price I could find. There was no "pressure" (how can you be pressured over the phone, anyway). I was asked if I wanted the extended warranty. I declined and that was that. My saleman was helpful and courteous.

I would go back to them for any future purchase.

FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 2012
Temporarily Camperless
Nights camped 2016 -9
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog:

Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:24 AM   #12
How can you be pressured by phone? The same way as by email or in person. By telling a potential buyer that the deal was only good until the end of business that day and that the buyer needed to ACT NOW and doing the same over and over after each question was asked by phone or email. Also, by calling and leaving messages and unsolicited emails stating the same.

I'm glad you didn't experience this Tim but please don't diminish others who have. Obviously myself and the +1's to my post are not making it up as we have nothing to gain by doing so. Just stating our experiences...

Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #13
Great experience at RVW fantastic follow through - answered every question promptly though email and on phone - I ever sent my concerns for pickup and they add sure toyhauler was inside for pickup - snowing on arrival - I drove from Seattle - so I emailed and called quite a bit with my questions answered promptly --- I know of one buyers on here that had a bad experience at couches - I'm sure he will chime in ----- as in all dealerships your gonna have to feel it out and what best fits your needs -

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #14
Originally Posted by chrissybird View Post
Before we "pull the trigger" we're doing just a bit more research. Has anyone bought from or had dealings with RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, OH? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post. Thanks again to everyone for all your help, advice, and support of a newbie!
We bought from RVW in Lakeview and took possession of our Heritage Glen 282RK in June this year. Our sales person, Cyndi Fowler, was very attentive and accommodating every step of the way. We spent hours with her when on site looking at inventory and worked with her for a new 2016 build from the factory. During the sale and build she answered emails promptly and always with every detail of information we expected. We followed up every phone conversation with email verification on what was discussed to be sure we all understood what was agreed on, also to have a complete paper trail.

Since taking possession and during our first trip out with the new unit, we've had a few warranty issues and have worked with Laurie McCullough in Warranty. Sometimes a response back from her is not prompt and we have had to take the initiative to stay on top of it with repeated calls or emails (our preferred for a paper trail). We have found it to be necessary to be informed and armed with our research on each issue to keep the process going for a satisfactory resolution. Part of this could be that she is the only person handling warranties (a guess on our part based on conversation). While it's irritating and frustrating at best, we've found this to be true on most any product/warranty issue.

Regardless of what one is buying, the sale is as good as the agent's sales tactics, communications and how the buyers expectations are met. One person's experience may not be the same as the next. First impressions mean a lot and one must go with their gut and be informed with what they want to determine what's good for them.
RoyandCherryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #15
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
Couch's and Brannon, hands down.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)

2009 Heartland Sundance 31.5 XLT bunkhouse
2013 Ford F150 XTR ECOBOOST

"Of the troops - For the troops "
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:11 PM   #16
Couch's were great to deal with. Bought my first "new" TT there in 2014. No BS just good people. I would recommend them highly.

Larry W8PO & Lori N8IHJ
2014 Surveyor Cadet 265RLDS
2015 GMC Denali HD
Ham Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #17
RVW were great to deal with, no issues or pressure. Yes they asked if I wanted things, but said no and that was it. I think people have a huge variance on what they call 'pressure'. Delivered to Canada, saved a crap load vs local.
2014 - Sabre 36 QBOK
Nights camped 2014 - 38
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #18
Another happy RVW customer here. I'm on my 3rd TT in I guess 4 years now and all deals have been very smooth and easy. Tons of family and friends have purchased during that time and all have been well taken care of.
dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #19
We were very happy. Flew in the night before. They brought us to hotel and to dealership in the morning. Had the walk through and were on our way at lunch time.
suscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #20
We just purchased a new columbus 377mb from RVW. As this is our first RV I did at least 6 months of research including going to the RV show in Hershey and spending a week in Florida visiting many different dealers. When you go to the dealer review section of the forum one dealer really stands out with all positive reviews. You guessed it, RVW. And the owner, Dave Durnell is also very active on the forums and reached out to us several times. As for the salespeople, I did prefer one over the one that I originally talked to. But compared to other dealers I talked to, night and day difference. And no pressure whatsover. The finance guy, Dallas, did recommend some add ons that we are considering but no pressure. They even talked me out of a couple of options that I really didn't need and they explained why. They could have easily made more money if they hadn't. And thats why we live in New Jersey, bought from RVW in Ohio and having it delivered to Florida. If you'd like to hear about our salesman experience, PM me.

rblake39 is offline   Reply With Quote