Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #21

I used Couch's and couldn't be more satisfied. They did a great deal and saved me $8k from a dealer in MS. Well worth the drive to pick it up once it came it.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #22

Dallas was my salesman also...Cool guy, answered all my questions from start to end.
Once A Marine, Always A Marine
TechBeckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #23

But what has impressed me most about RVW is the way the owner monitors the forum and steps in when something does go wrong. It seems they do that even if the RV isnt purchased from them. At least I think I remember a thread about that. Now that's great customer service and probably another RV sale in the future. If only all the other dealers felt that way. But it's good to know that there are at least 2 dealers people are happy with. Sounds like you can't go wrong with either one. Go over to RV.net and read some of those reviews...Oy Vay.
rblake39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendodom View Post
I used Couch's and couldn't be more satisfied. They did a great deal and saved me $8k from a dealer in MS. Well worth the drive to pick it up once it came it.
But couch's wouldn't take my 13 trailer in on trade on a 16 Sierra same type trl. different yr. So I went to my old dealer and got 30k for it on trade for new one.
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:29 PM   #25

RVW

I purchased [2] units from RVW. One in 94 and another in 10. The price was right and they [Mike D and Kelly T] delivered more than agreed. We saved about 2 grand over the best price I could find nationally. I did have one minor issue with the newest trailer, a cracked waterline in the belly. I called RVW and the next day there was a mobile RV repairman at my resort site way up in the White Mountains of AZ. Now that's what I call service.
poorturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblake39 View Post
We just purchased a new columbus 377mb from RVW. As this is our first RV I did at least 6 months of research including going to the RV show in Hershey and spending a week in Florida visiting many different dealers. When you go to the dealer review section of the forum one dealer really stands out with all positive reviews. You guessed it, RVW. And the owner, Dave Durnell is also very active on the forums and reached out to us several times. As for the salespeople, I did prefer one over the one that I originally talked to. But compared to other dealers I talked to, night and day difference. And no pressure whatsover. The finance guy, Dallas, did recommend some add ons that we are considering but no pressure. They even talked me out of a couple of options that I really didn't need and they explained why. They could have easily made more money if they hadn't. And thats why we live in New Jersey, bought from RVW in Ohio and having it delivered to Florida. If you'd like to hear about our salesman experience, PM me.
Thanks, just sent a PM.
chrissybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #27

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm over-thinking the purchase decision. Thanks to everyone's help and advice on this forum, I now know exactly what I want, and it comes down to which dealer. I know what my gut's telling me, and I probably should just stay off the internet, sleep on it, and then make my decision. Thanks everyone for all of your advice!
chrissybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybird View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if I'm over-thinking the purchase decision. Thanks to everyone's help and advice on this forum, I now know exactly what I want, and it comes down to which dealer. I know what my gut's telling me, and I probably should just stay off the internet, sleep on it, and then make my decision. Thanks everyone for all of your advice!
A giant yes to this...
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #29

Quote:

The good news is I think your looking at the right brand. The seller, whoever it is, will be a small blip in the life of the trailer. Good luck!

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #30

Have you searched the forum for the good and bad?
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:10 AM   #31

Quote:

Analysis paralysis. A common problem with too much info. As Ben Franklin or some other famous person said: a man with one clock knows the time; a man with two clocks is never sure.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:26 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
Analysis paralysis. A common problem with too much info. As Ben Franklin or some other famous person said: a man with one clock knows the time; a man with two clocks is never sure.

2014 XLR27HFS
A stopped clock is exactly correct twice a day.

Trust a man who is searching for truth, but shy away from one that claims to have found it.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 11-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #33
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblake39 View Post
But what has impressed me most about RVW is the way the owner monitors the forum and steps in when something does go wrong. It seems they do that even if the RV isnt purchased from them. At least I think I remember a thread about that. Now that's great customer service and probably another RV sale in the future. If only all the other dealers felt that way. But it's good to know that there are at least 2 dealers people are happy with. Sounds like you can't go wrong with either one. Go over to RV.net and read some of those reviews...Oy Vay.
Quote:
IMO, as long as they carry whatever brand I'm after, I would buy from RVW in a heartbeat. The fact that ddurnell watches this forum and has proven helpful time and time again is enough for me. I know people personally who have bought from them and I have friends of friends who have bought from them.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #34

Ohio Dealers

After searching for more than a year looking at dozens of makes and models we often returned to Couches RV. Nation. Ray Crain kept in touch and responded to our questions and selling price of the RV''s which was thousands less than others. No pressure to purchase! We traveled over 600 miles to take delivery of the RV in August 2015. Everything was ready when we arrived and about three hours later (after thorough instruction and inspection) we were on our way. When the time comes we will most certainly contact Mr. Crain and Couches Trailers. This was a very good experience!

TV: 2014 Ram 4x4 ECO
gen3rbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #35

Dealings with RV Wholesalers in OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
A stopped clock is exactly correct twice a day.

Trust a man who is searching for truth, but shy away from one that claims to have found it.

WW

Ah yes...settled science. 😄

2014 XLR27HFS
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #36

I talked briefly with RVW did not like the conversations. Saleman couldn't tell me any more about the trailer than the website Did. Did not want to do cash. Only knocked off 500 bucks if I financed through them. Nothing if I paid cash. Salesman told me cash doesn't talk like it used. That's amazing as it talked wonders when I bought local Plemmons RV. It knocked just over 5 grand off a 15k trailer.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
Tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:26 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat95 View Post
I talked briefly with RVW did not like the conversations. Saleman couldn't tell me any more about the trailer than the website Did. Did not want to do cash. Only knocked off 500 bucks if I financed through them. Nothing if I paid cash. Salesman told me cash doesn't talk like it used. That's amazing as it talked wonders when I bought local Plemmons RV. It knocked just over 5 grand off a 15k trailer.

What exactly did you manage to get for under $10k?
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #38

2012 Catalina 271bh. I was looking at a new Catalina at RVW. Apple's and oranges but he didn't budge 500 bucks. I NEVER pay sticker.

Tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:22 AM   #39

I guess you got what you paid for...Just Sayin...
Once A Marine, Always A Marine
TechBeckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:14 AM   #40

RVW gives everyone a good upfront price; kind of a no haggle price; I like that. Is that the price you are calling "sticker"?

Did you compare RVW to the local dealer for a new one?

That $15k initial asking price (sticker?) seems about $4k to $5k high... a standard tactic.

I was all over the $1500 RVW discounted to finance for a year. And knew the number they gave me was $7k below any local dealer; and cash meant nothing.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas