Old 11-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #1

Dealings with RV Wholesalers in OH

Before we "pull the trigger" we're doing just a bit more research. Has anyone bought from or had dealings with RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, OH? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post. Thanks again to everyone for all your help, advice, and support of a newbie!

Old 11-02-2015, 08:28 PM   #2

I'll repost what I posted in the other thread.

I cross shopped the two. (RVW vs. Couch's) Night and day difference. Brannon at Couch's was low pressure and answered questions by email even off hours like at night and on Sundays. RV Wholesalers took days to respond and when they did were short on info and high on pressure. Basically used a lot of lines about getting it done TODAY. Couch's also gives you a bottom line price without strings and RVW wanted me to get a loan through their lenders to get the same price. I wanted a cash deal and this did not appeal to me.

To add to this, my last question to RVW went unanswered for days. When Derek finally got back to me, I had already signed with Couch's. He offered to beat their price by a small margin and when I told him it was done because I gave Brannon my deposit earlier in the day, he suggested I call and cancel the credit card I used. Total sleaze.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post

I cross shopped the two. (RVW vs. Couch's) Night and day difference. Brannon at Couch's was low pressure and answered questions by email even off hours like at night and on Sundays. RV Wholesalers took days to respond and when they did were short on info and high on pressure. Basically used a lot of lines about getting it done TODAY. Couch's also gives you a bottom line price without strings and RVW wanted me to get a loan through their lenders to get the same price. I wanted a cash deal and this did not appeal to me.

To add to this, my last question to RVW went unanswered for days. When Derek finally got back to me, I had already signed with Couch's. He offered to beat their price by a small margin and when I told him it was done because I gave Brannon my deposit earlier in the day, he suggested I call and cancel the credit card I used. Total sleaze.
Sent a PM to you.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:40 PM   #4

X2
High pressure and no information. After two weeks of dealing with both I asked for a fine price from both .
Couch stood behind the original price and RVW told me they would beat any price but could not give me a final number.
You will feel better buying from Brannon @ Couches!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post

X2. We also had the exact same experience.
Kilday4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #6

I too tried to buy from RVW. As a rookie I had no idea until this thread that Couches existed. I dealt with a local dealer (K and K Camping Millbrook AL) and had a GREAT experience!

As many have already stated, RVW takes too long to respond to questions, would not answer many questions I had and only wanted my debit card for a deposit.....
IMO, the only thing RVW is good for is getting a ballpark price so that you have a little ammunition to take shopping.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #7

Y'all are the best, thanks!
Old 11-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #8

Couch's and Brannon, hands down.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
Old 11-02-2015, 10:14 PM   #9

I bought from RV Wholesalers, and they delivered what they promised. I DID NOT have any pressure on the sales. They told me I needed 10 percent down and that was it. I drove up from Florida to pick up the unit and when I got there the unit was ready with one exception. The gas pump switch was wired backwards they fixed it on the spot, went through my checklist and was good to go....
Once A Marine, Always A Marine
TechBeckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:39 PM   #10
Moderators' Assistant

There are hundreds of review posts of RVW here.
Check the Dealer Review section here.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote