Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #11
Commercial Member

FYI...you are at the mercy of the transport companies. There is no communication between them and dealers.

My new Columbus has been offline since Feb. 20.....still not in.

Tried to contact the transport company (work in the RV industry) and got the runaround, so it's sit back and see how long it takes. Over a month offline at this point.....

(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #12

There is a big lot of new campers waiting to be picked up at forest river, the sub contractors get to them when they get to them.

Forest River should use that downtime to actually inspect their crappy work and improve on it...

Old 03-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebottlesniper View Post
It's at least two weeks past what I thought would be reasonable to expect to be in our new trailer.

Was expecting delivery before last week, checked on tuesday and was told that it was in transport.
Was not here, Florida, on tuesday, called and got the old 'I checked on it this morning' story, will get someone right on it.

It's now thursday, we were planning to have it shook down, loaded, hitched and rolling before May, but it looks like it'l take a couple of more weeks.

Plan now is NC outer banks (Camp hatteras) May 5 for the start of a month tryout with a week or so on the Ohio river and a week in the Cinci area. Trying to be home before the grand babies are out of school for the summer.

Wish me luck..
Sometime during this process we are planning to find a side by side UTV for trail riding.

Measure your garage twice before buying a side by side as I have a Polaris Ranger and it requires a tall 12ft garage.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #14

I ordered a new work and play in December and chose to go pick it up in Goshen myself, for a few reasons, such as cost, having the opportunity to see the production facility etc. I am glad that I did it that way for sure as there are trailers awaiting drivers to pick up setting on every spot in the area that a trailer could be parked on.

We were there to pick it up 3-4 weeks ago and I was stunned to see the back log of trailers waiting to get pulled out. There were banners in a few places looking for drivers. I actually checked into it a couple years ago and it would be hard to make a living pulling trailers to dealers. I think in 2 years you would be looking for a way to finish paying for your worn out truck. Weather has played a big factor this year in delivery as well.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #15
Senior moment Junior Memb

Well, whadayano....Salesman called this AM and said "come and look at it", so we did....
Aside from the road grime from being dragged through two days of winter storms it looked pretty good, although a bit larger than I had expected. It had the wrong living room furnishings, (we ordered stadium seating with a small sofa on the side). We were assured that our livingroom would be placed in the next unit from the factory and installed when it arrived. After they detail and prep it we will get our turn to shake it down. Planning to pick it upby the end of next week. Feelin a little relieved now.
Was surprised to find that the AC was ducted into the garage.....
:
Thebottlesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #16

Will likely be getting a Rhino. If it doesn't fit....welllll the rollcage on those things too tall anyway. snip snip weld weld all done.
:
Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #17

Glad to hear it's in. Hope dealer gets the furniture issue resolved real soon.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #18

The transporter is requires to wash the unit upon delivery, make sure unit is spotless before taking it home!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #19

I have a XLR 27HfS and my Polairs 570 with a front bumper rubs both the ramp door and the molding around the door to the bathroom. It almost doesn't fit in the toy haulier. You also need to raise the bed all the way up. Have the dealer set it up as high as it will go. I should just pull the bumper. It also leaves about 1 1/2 foot of room on moth sides. Hope this helps. The 900xp will not fit!!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #20

I'm hoping that with a 12 ft. Garage and 13' of height i will have room for a sxs with enough room for two full size riders.

: