Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebottlesniper View Post
I'm hoping that with a 12 ft. Garage and 13' of height i will have room for a sxs with enough room for two full size riders.
Yeah the 12ft is fine. Mine is only 9ft.
FunTimes27XLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
Senior moment Junior Memb

Just finished a really thorough PDI presented by a 20 year technician. He did a very good job. Answered every question with confidence, opened up the AC duct work to attempt to determine the perceived imbalance, walked me through my first 5th wheel hook-up, he even drove my truck to set the brake controller. I was impressed. I will send him a bottle of his favorite.
The finance/paperwork guru was more than helpful. Would not let us leave without being assured that we were covered insurance wise. (I was gonna go home and email the forms into my agent) He insisted on doing the copy/fax work for us. Our salesman was there if it looked like we were not being attended to he would sit with us and tell us stories about his RV experiences.
We drug the trailer to our local county park campground, dropped it off at a poorly designed site, and came home ( 2 miles )for the night. Tomorrow we will move the trailer to a better site, and all the things that we had in our class A from our garage to the new ride. Will update the profile with pix when the "shakedown" is completed.
My wife and I both felt strangely ill all day due to the anxiety built up around this purchase. We have bought cars by phone before and didn't feel this anxious. Closing on our first home wasn't as upsetting. We have been looking forward to this day, and discussing it for a few years, and we finally decided to say "to hell with the world, let's do it."
and so the new day dawns.....we're off. See ya on the trail..

dlbnfla@yahoo.com
:
Thebottlesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #23

Glad to hear the PDI went well. What did the dealer say about the living room furnishings issue?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #24

The tech that did the "show" is the one who willchange the furnishings. He has already removed the little base plates that anchor the removable tables. You cannot see where they were. I have confidence that it will be a sucessful opration. But then, it hasn't happened yet.
:
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #25

First impressions. 35X12 XLR

The trailer was found to be a 2014 model year, the first one for this dealer. I am a firm believer that you only get what you pay for, so this unit being more on the Chevy line than the Caddy line I didn't expect everything to be top quality....no disappointment here. There are trim pieces that do not fit. Some are too long for the space they are in, so they are bowed up in the middle from pressure due ti fit. The bathroom vanity has a bar type faucet that produces a stream that falls within an inch of the rear of the sink. There is no way to wash your hands without soaking the top of the vanity. There is no backsplash on either sink, water being splashed on the paneling walls....can't last too long. Bathroom door latch will not close, rear personnel door is installed in a warped state. Need a flashlight to see if the range hood light is working. TV and stereo/dvd have remote controls that interfere with each other. When changing TV channels the stereo suddenly appears at half volume, sorta disturbing to those still sleeping.
I am convinced that if the economy does improve( doubtful) you will be able to buy one of these at Walmart with chinglish instructions, and for half price. China can easily match the quality.
What-ever. We will make the best of it. We found a good used Teryx to haul around if we can make it fit inhe garage before we head for Rodanthe in early may.
:
Old 04-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #26

Teryx will squeeze in. We'll be ready to roll soon.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...icture6969.jpg
Old 05-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebottlesniper View Post
Teryx will squeeze in. We'll be ready to roll soon.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...icture6969.jpg
Ok, it's not meant to be. One week from departure date of our first trip I get chest pains which quickly devolved into a triple bypass. Had to canx reservations at 3 campgrounds and re-plan the entire summer. Looks like we will try again in august or september. I guess staying close to the grandchildren for the summer will be good. My grandson, 10 years, can't wait to get the teryx muddy. I have always had to restrain him on the ATV's because they are only two wheel drive. He is a natural born mudder, i believe. Can't wait to turn him loose. Probably should invest in that winch first though.
:
Old 05-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #28
Haulin' Camp

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad you are okay. A late summer camp trip will give you some great incentive to get well!
2 Dogs

KewlKamperz is offline   Reply With Quote