Old 08-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #11
We have the 2016 305VL5... Two a/c's and they keep up well, even here in the GA heat and humidity...

The double bunks in the garage are a definite plus. We take guests, family, and the gkids at different times when we aren't hauling the toys ( 3 atvs ) with us.. They have their own private sleeping area.

So far only nit picky little issues... The biggest being they did not hook up the satellite jack in the kitchen area. Pulled the jack off the wall and no cable, not just undone, NO CABLE... I will track this down and fix it myself...

Good luck with your search...

2016 XLR Nitro 305VL5, 2006 Chevy Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab..:trink39
blkshp366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:33 PM   #12
Originally Posted by blkshp366 View Post
We have the 2016 305VL5...
Was wondering, does the VL models give you more clearance with short bed trucks. Is that the reason for that design?

2016 Ram 3500HD 6.7L CTD 4x4 CCSB
2017 CC 34RL2 Hathaway Edition (on order)
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:17 PM   #13
Yes sir.. I believe so..

The v front gives me more clearance to turn in and back up..

We tow with a 2006 Chevy 2500 regular bed..

Have not had to use the slider hitch yet.. ( yet lol )....
blkshp366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:24 PM   #14
Originally Posted by florabama View Post
Was wondering, does the VL models give you more clearance with short bed trucks. Is that the reason for that design?

That's what we were told at the rally.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:29 AM   #15
I second WW's comments about having a toy hauler...I don't think I would ever have another camper that wasn't a TH. Even if I didn't have the bikes to haul, the garage is a great place for storage when camping, hanging clothes/towels to dry, taking off your shoes if they're wet/muddy before going into your main living areas, using it as a deck with the roll-down screen, and yes, even having guests (notice I listed that one last!)

The XLRs have drum brakes. I think discs are only an expensive aftermarket option...
2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)25
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2014 VW Jetta TDI (diesel sipper, camping support vehicle)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:54 PM   #16
We were at the RV show in Hershey,Pa. this past weekend. We ordered a 2017 XLR Nitro 29DK5. Same as the other 29(shortened up model number). Talked to the XLR factory rep there. Very knowledgeable. You can get residential fridge but will operate on electric only. We opted for the extreme weather package(live in Pa.). NOS package and VIP. This is going to be our last rv. Retiring in a few years. Loading up the Harley and doing some traveling. We are trading in our Vengeance SS. Only had it since March, but had it to dealer 8 times for minor and major problems. Took a heck of a loss on this TH. XLR 4 to 6 weeks out. We're going camping when we get it. Any questions on this model, I can probably answer them for you. Had an indepth conversation with rep on every inch of this thing.

2015 Vengeance SS 312A
pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 with plenty of horse power
hauling a 2000 Harley Roadglide
flhf150 is offline   Reply With Quote