Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

dual / double pane Windows

hey all,
we just got our 2018 xlr nitro 35V and paid for the extreme weather package which was to include heated tanks & dual pane windows. however, We don't think we were given the dual pane windows. they don't look dual pane, nor were they labeled as insulated. does anybody else have the extreme weather package? are the windows labeled as insulated? our dealer & district rep for the dealership is saying we have them but that they are "double thick" not double pane.... I don't get it....
jeep-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-girl View Post
hey all,
we just got our 2018 xlr nitro 35V and paid for the extreme weather package which was to include heated tanks & dual pane windows. however, We don't think we were given the dual pane windows. they don't look dual pane, nor were they labeled as insulated. does anybody else have the extreme weather package? are the windows labeled as insulated? our dealer & district rep for the dealership is saying we have them but that they are "double thick" not double pane.... I don't get it....
Easy to figure out. Hold a shiny piece of metal on the glass and see if you have a double reflection. Should be able to see the two panes of glass unless they just use a coating on the glass.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #3

dual pane fraud......is a pain

We too, just picked up our 2017 XLR hyperlite 18HFS. While we spent two months looking from CA for just the unit we wanted. Since is was in meridian ID, we wanted extreme weather package verified. So the sales man sent both in writing and on video that the unit had DUAL PANE WINDOWS, tank heaters, and seven inch monitor and back up camera.

To add to this stabalizer jacks will not hold, mounting plate is for a 4x8 plate jack. They put a 2X4 plate jack on with sheet metals screws instead of the 1/2 inch bolts required.

My wife is now contacting CEO level, camping world, XLR division, and Forest River. They have had our second home for two wks, longer than we have had the unit. And have done nothing. After telling me on the phone parts are in, two wks ago. Called today where is my unit, we have not done anything and are not planning to. Why can we not pick it up, because we are waiting for Meridian campingworld.
CAMPINGWORLD just went public one year ago.
I have posted camping worlds video in case there is doubt.

I have posted camping worlds video in case there is doubt. attention.
sh9down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9down View Post
We too, just picked up our 2017 XLR hyperlite 18HFS. While we spent two months looking from CA for just the unit we wanted. Since is was in meridian ID, we wanted extreme weather package verified. So the sales man sent both in writing and on video that the unit had DUAL PANE WINDOWS, tank heaters, and seven inch monitor and back up camera.

To add to this stabalizer jacks will not hold, mounting plate is for a 4x8 plate jack. They put a 2X4 plate jack on with sheet metals screws instead of the 1/2 inch bolts required.

My wife is now contacting CEO level, camping world, XLR division, and Forest River. They have had our second home for two wks, longer than we have had the unit. And have done nothing. After telling me on the phone parts are in, two wks ago. Called today where is my unit, we have not done anything and are not planning to. Why can we not pick it up, because we are waiting for Meridian campingworld.

CAMPINGWORLD just went public one year ago.

I have posted camping worlds video in case there is doubt.

I have posted camping worlds video in case there is doubt. attention.

so are you saying that you indeed did not receive dual pane Windows?
Old 05-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Easy to figure out. Hold a shiny piece of metal on the glass and see if you have a double reflection. Should be able to see the two panes of glass unless they just use a coating on the glass.

it's at the dealership right now but I plan on checking it out further!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #6
Full-time 5'er

Dual pane on the RV is not the same as dual pane in a house. We got the extreme weather package also on our XLR Thunderbolt. The windows are tinted and are laminated with extra weather stripping around the seal of the coach. You would have to compare a non extreme package side by side to see the difference.
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
mnolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:55 PM   #7

We have a Rockwood 8244 with the Thermo pane windows, there is two panes of glass with
a small space between them. All the windows except the one in the door had a small green
sticker indicating the window was a thermo pane. I had the bad luck of cracking one and had it replaced, the broken one did have two panes of glass.
furtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #8

I have the same package on my Columbus, they are considered insulate, because of the thickness
redleg719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #9

In some 'dual pane' windows, a piece of elastomer(?) is sandwiched between two panes of glass. Like on your windshield. Can't tell it's there but it is.

Our House windows are like that. But they're thick. 11 millimeters. 5 for each pane of glass and one for the material in between.

How thick are the window panes?
The Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #10

no dual pane windows.

As of this morning customer service corportate manager for camping world has taken charge. Contacted today by Meridian service manager, wants to see the email they sent and the video. Should have told him check forest river forum.

NOTICE IN THE VIDEO: fuel station door and gauge and switch are missing
Old 05-19-2017, 06:40 AM   #11

They are two pieces of glass laminated together you need to look at the edge of the window when it is open it's not like a home window.
egladden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #12
PowerSports 'R' us

I just rec'd my 2018 XLR Thunderbolt 422 w weather pkg. I'll tell ya what, I wondered the same thing. Those dark windows and the gap (if any) between panes must be micro! I do have the tank heaters and buttons, so I'm thinking (hoping) my windows are dual pane as well.

KJ & Debbie
'18 XLR Thunderbolt 422AMP (Freedom Blue) ordered 1/7/17 | del'd 5/2/17
'17 Ford F350 Platinum-Ultimate DRW 6.7L (Magnetic)
hauling 'round the toys...
'14 BMW K1600-GTS (Sakhir Orange) | '13 BMW F800-GT (Graphite Metallic)
Top_Speed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:43 AM   #13

Easy way to check for double pane or safety glass, which is double pane, hold a shiny piece of metal against the glass, if it is double, you will see two reflections.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #14

Post dual pane windows update

To clarify campingworld Anderson CA service manager verified that are XLR does not have dual pane windows, nor does it have back up camera. Further more he stated "I looked and forest river does not make dual pane windows."
Those leveling jacks, camping world does not install them. They are installed by forest river and they are installed correctly. So since you are going to do nothing can we pick up the unit, is the fuel pump fixed. "No parts are on order. " So why in Gods name did we bring it in, if you did not have the parts. This started with you saying parts are in bring it down. One wk has now turned into 3 wks, and now he says more like four.

I am sure they do not, like they do not make the toilets either.

(We had are new unit for two wks, camping world has had it for three wks. When I can take a picture of the Jack mounting plate fubar I will POST, along with proper jacks and install I will buy and do myself, thank you.)

OK so Meridian ID service manager has received both video and email proof.
His statement is that we do not usually install dual pane glass because it is really expensive.............and

Misrepresentation and Fraud. CA penal code 502 /503
ID division RV state attorney general
misrepresentation and Fraud division

USA- attorney general - department of Justice
Misrepresentation and Fraud division inter
-state division.

This is the course we will be taking, if camping world, forest river, or XLR, does not step up to the plate and deliver the promised goods.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #15
Site Team

The site team moved the off-topic video comments over to the humor section:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ot-134602.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:50 PM   #16

update to dual pane

service manager at meridian cw acknowledged receipt of video and email from US of their sales video promotion team. After reading and watching he sent an email that he is now working with the sales team. will update to final

cw redding says they have the fuel pump gauge switch and pump and it should be ready thursday tomorrow.

Score XLR: two wks in our hands and three wks at CW.
2007 SOFTAIL DUECE
2000 1200 SPORTY

Tags
window