Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #1

Dumb question 300x12, where are the by-pass valves located to unwinterize?

I'm getting ready for my first trip in my new trailer. This past weekend I was installing some storage containers and thought maybe I would un-winterize the trailer and then blow air through the lines just in case it gets below freezing this week, that way all I need to do is fill-er-up next week and go.

In the past, there would be a panel or something inside the trailer where I could access the water heater and the by-pass valves. The water heater is right between the slideout and pass through storage. I looked inside and didn't see any panels in that area that might give me access.

Where are the by-pass valves?

Thank you,
Z
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Can you follow the lines? Or can you not see those either?
Dealer should have showed you this unless you bought it privately.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #3

Dealer just pointed to the front storage and said the valves are in there. I called them too and my sales guy didn't know.

I followed the lines and the sound of the pump as best I could but much of it is blocked by the body of the trailer. I figured if someone had the same or similar trailer, they could tell me easily.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #4

Look on the side wall in the compartment there are four screws holding the cover on mine is on the street side of trailer hope this helps
Adh203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adh203 View Post
Look on the side wall in the compartment there are four screws holding the cover on mine is on the street side of trailer hope this helps
Yes thank you perfect. I figured it had to be in there, I couldn't find anything on the inside.