Old 10-15-2015, 07:28 AM   #11
I do that all the time. I have to remember all colors is a composite, doh!

From the manual... If picture is b&w: if using AV inputs, connect video cable (yellow) to the green jack of component input 1 on the TV.

Input #1... hmmm.

XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:43 AM   #12
I had a similar issue with our basement tv. When I used RCA yellow video cable and plugged into the RGB port, I had to go into the tv settings and change it to RCA mode. It's like it was still searching for the other two video inputs until I changed on the settings.

2015 XLR Nitro 30FQSL
2015 F250 King Ranch
oldgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:40 AM   #13
Had this same issue on our Crusader. Try ALL of the input settings on the TV, ours would play bw on 1 input but after changing to a different input it worked correctly. I never thought it would have played anything on 2 different inputs but it did. Hope this helps, I know it was frustrating to us checking and double checking cables.
Steven & Tiffany
2015 Crusader 296BHS
2013 Chevy 2500HD LTZ CC Z71

Camp as often as we can
Steven379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #14
Had the same problem with our 2015 Coachmen 22QB Freelander with the 50th Anniversary package, two tv's. About went nuts, my wife questions the "about". The DVDs were NOT the same. Each one had a different input code, one was "Component" the other one was "AV". Don't ask me how I figured it out, it may have been calling the DVD player manufacture. The Forest River owners manuals are worthless. Try to find all the drain valves for the water and hot water tank and which is which.
Racer Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #15
You just select composite input on the TV and it will be NTSC 4 by 3 composite. This will work with the game plate which is most likely what you are using currently. Not sure the receiver has component out, I know mine does not. Use HDMI and get a right angle connector if the HDMI jack is on the back of the TV.
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:50 PM   #16
MYSTERY SOLVED! First of all, thanks to all that replied trying to help. I googled my issue this morning and done some reading. Found where it said something about a button labeled P/N. On my SSL unit which is by the way stands for, Sound Storm Laboratories, it is listed as a "System Switch" on the remote. Push to select the preset PAL, AUTO or NTSC TV system. Then BAM - PICTURE WITH COLOR!! Two calls to SSL for tech support and they couldn't tell me this, go figure.

Once again, Thanks to all and HAPPY RVING!

hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote