Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #1

electric tongue jack

I am picking up my 1st Forest River Rv new from the dealer this week. My question is, I have my own electric tongue jack and need to know if there is a hot wire already at tongue or do I have to run one from the battery compartment that is half way back on toy hauler XLR Viper 29 CKV?
bowshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forest River Forum! Sorry but I can't help with your question but hopefully someone else will be able to answer it.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowshark View Post
I am picking up my 1st Forest River Rv new from the dealer this week. My question is, I have my own electric tongue jack and need to know if there is a hot wire already at tongue or do I have to run one from the battery compartment that is half way back on toy hauler XLR Viper 29 CKV?
On our trailer I hooked the power line to the junction box that powered the seven pin connector. It was located on the right side of the trailer (as you face it from the front) about 2 feet back. Since our is a V nose trailer it was a very tight fit on the Barker 3000 power jack we bought.
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote