Old 11-01-2015, 04:50 PM   #11

JR - yes but no on heater lol -- they sent out a SFQ 35 - which I no way will fit so waiting on a NT 30 to arrive - - crazy how long shipping takes

Old 11-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRiordan View Post
What PH said not extreme, your water lines will still freeze up if temps stay below freezing for period of time. Even though underbelly is covered and insulated there is no heat and water runs under neath and not through the cabin. I heated tanks are nice and the heat pads near the valves are not enough. I first hand experienced and tested this in which I really didn't want to. I was lucky it could have been worse. PH your furnace ever show up and if so what size.
Sorry you had to experience that first hand John, but thanks for sharing. We were wondering if the Extreme package would allow winter camping, and now we know

Old 11-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #13

I think a lot of people get the wrong idea about RV insulation, heating etc., and it's capability. 99% of tow-able RVs out there are not setup for winter use. Extreme weather, Arctic, or whatever packages are made to extend your camping season. Not to make it year round capable in cold weather states. More homework in advance will save lots of disappointment in the long run. Don't assume because the marketing division of an RV manufacturer calls a cold weather package "extreme" that it means you are good to go at basecamp on Everest. It just means it's more "extreme" than whatever comes standard....
Old 11-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #14

Karl4cat
I disagree if you gonna put an extreme sticker on your product and charge extra for it and the sticker implies with a thermometer that is good to below freezing and your advertising extra insulation plus heated tanks - it better be four season compliant - if your gonna put extreme or Arctic in you upgrade package name ---- unless you think below 50 degrees is extreme - then I'm wrong

I've camped in the mountains for over 20 years - in a very nice campers (Bigfoot, Lance) and when it says winter package - it can handle below freezing conditions for days no problem - Every product wants to use extreme, heavy duty, Arctic, polar bear, if your gonna use those titles you need to back it up. That's all I'm saying - no excuses

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Old 11-02-2015, 07:15 AM   #15

I've had those named packages on a few different brands and I never assumed they would insulate enough for a full 4 seasons. To be honest, even with any of those packages, I don't recall any of them ever saying that they were a full 4 season trailer. Again this is just me but it's also the reason I've never been disappointed by said packages. The only way to make something truly 4 season capable is to skirt the underside of the RV, foam block the roof vents, and have fully insulated water and sewer hookups which are never available in transient sites. Even with the additional insulation mine has over yours, I'd never dream of trying to camp at 0 with it and I don't think most buyers would either. That's all I was trying to say. Sometimes advertising can lead to unreasonable expectations and then disappointment. Words like "extreme" are used in all types of advertising. It's the consumers responsibility to figure out what level of "extreme" your really getting. For me personally, I take all advertising as complete BS and do my own research to avoid disappointment. The more informed you can be before a purchase, the less likely you will be surprised. That's just works for me though and not trying to change anyone's mind.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:20 PM   #16
Experience by Repair

I have a 2015 380AMP with the Extreme Weather Package....just did a test run at 18 degrees in the yard. Set the thermostat at 60, turned on the electric fireplace, and put a 1500 oil heater in garage. The cabin was at 60 and very nice coming off a cold 16-18 degree night. Would admit that most people don't like it at 60 but that was my target to just see how it would go...floor is a bit chilly on feet, but slippers and a hoody were great for the test. Hope to use it for the holidays so I have a retreat from the In-laws if needed.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #17

Thanks for the review and welcome to the board JJ....
Old 12-23-2015, 01:19 PM   #18

JJ, sounds like the package does pretty well in the 380 TBolt. Welcome from 80 degree FLA
Old 12-24-2015, 10:08 AM   #19
Experience by Repair

we will see just how good it is....updated forecast is calling for 2deg F as a low this weekend
Old 12-24-2015, 10:14 AM   #20

It's supposed to be 70 here today in MA. Not exactly inspiring for the snowmobile trips we're usually planning this time of year....