Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
nice looking rig! I am about to order a 340x12hp and am seriously considering full body paint. I was surprised to find out yesterday that if I give them the paint code to my Maximum Steel Ram 3500, they can use that for the blue part...how cool is that? Good luck with your new rig..it looks fantastic!
Yes, that's what I did. Both the silver and gray I chose are Ford colors. Pretty cool indeed...
__________________

__________________
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Yes, that's what I did. Both the silver and gray I chose are Ford colors. Pretty cool indeed...
That does sound pretty neat. I never knew they could do this, but I have see rigs matching. I am just being noisy / curious, if you don't mind me asking, what was the price of the full body paint?
__________________

__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:06 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
That does sound pretty neat. I never knew they could do this, but I have see rigs matching. I am just being noisy / curious, if you don't mind me asking, what was the price of the full body paint?
It only added $6600 to my build. Very reasonable...
__________________
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:24 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
It only added $6600 to my build. Very reasonable...
Resonable it is, Taken.
I have recently painted a 66 Mustang. No one believes me when I tell them what paint and painting supplies cost. Then there's the blood sweat and tears. Maybe I can talk the factory to add a full body paint option to the 30HDS and I'll order one! Better wait a couple of years for the DW to get on board. The extra kitchen counter space will sell her.
Have a good one,
Clint
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Resonable it is, Taken.
I have recently painted a 66 Mustang. No one believes me when I tell them what paint and painting supplies cost. Then there's the blood sweat and tears. Maybe I can talk the factory to add a full body paint option to the 30HDS and I'll order one! Better wait a couple of years for the DW to get on board. The extra kitchen counter space will sell her.
Have a good one,
Clint
I hear you Clint. I have a friend who owns a body shop. He was aghast when I told him the number. They must make it up in volume.
__________________
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Resonable it is, Taken.
I have recently painted a 66 Mustang. No one believes me when I tell them what paint and painting supplies cost.
Clint
If you get a non-colour change paint job for less than $4500 its a ten foot paint job ( looks good from 10 feet away )
__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 603
I call it a 50/50 paint job. Good at at 50 feet or going 50 mph...
__________________
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
Keep this quiet the factory guys might tell marketing.... Shhhhh...
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Keep this quiet the factory guys might tell marketing.... Shhhhh...
I considered that but at the price it was, I was wavering on whether to go paint or just stay with the accelerator pkg. which give you grey sidewalls. Any more and we probably would have skipped it. I wonder what percentage of units are ordered with full body paint? I bet it's low.
__________________
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:00 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
I considered that but at the price it was, I was wavering on whether to go paint or just stay with the accelerator pkg. which give you grey sidewalls. Any more and we probably would have skipped it. I wonder what percentage of units are ordered with full body paint? I bet it's low.
I have no idea (and I can prove it!), but it sure as heck looks good. Say, I bet with a gallon or two of Derusto and a roller.... hmmm...
__________________

__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
factory

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.