Old 04-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #31

Updated my order to have three fantastic fans installed. I will get covers after the TH arrives .
Looking forward to the end of the month.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #32

I just ordered my FF brand cover's now Steve. Got them for $57 delivered. The bug screens were an additional $11 per. Oh, and the way these mount, you have to remove a few screws from the fan that go into the roof so you will need a tube of Dicor self leveling lap sealant too which is around $8.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #33

Taken,
When my TH comes in at the end of the month, I'm going to compare the dealer Fantastic Vents verses the online ones. I had not heard about the bug screens as an extra. Just more computer/searching time this week (which the DW just loves me doing... )
Old 04-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
Taken,
When my TH comes in at the end of the month, I'm going to compare the dealer Fantastic Vents verses the online ones. I had not heard about the bug screens as an extra. Just more computer/searching time this week (which the DW just loves me doing... )
The screens are for the vent covers, not the fans themselves. (Your fantastic fans will come with their own screens. This is something totally separate.) If you don't get them, bugs go under the covers and do their thing. Plus the screens give a bit of rain protection if the vent is open.

Fantastic Vent Covers:

Bug screens for covers:

Old 04-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
The screens are for the vent covers, not the fans themselves. (Your fantastic fans will come with their own screens. This is something totally separate.)
Yep, I understand what you are saying. I'm just going to compare my dealers vents verses the online vents. That is all...
Old 04-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #36

Fantastic fans are... well.. fantastic, but most add the roof cover thingy that is rather hard to clean inside. I am springing for a couple of Maxxair 7500K (K is smoke) with remote, thermostat, rain sensor. A little less moola and the vent lowers to the roof, so cleaning is easier. I'll post a review when I get them on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5800b310bbe8.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	73318  
Old 04-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #37

I would consider those myself if I didn't have the FF's installed from the factory. They are a very nice product. However, I've gone the route of taking off vents before to add fans etc. and fighting with Dicor is not fun and it's very easy to tear your rubber roof doing do. It's perfectly doable but can go wrong quick. Make sure you use Dicor to reinstall too. I've read on other forums where some have tried silicone and paid the price.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:01 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
I would consider those myself if I didn't have the FF's installed from the factory. They are a very nice product. However, I've gone the route of taking off vents before to add fans etc. and fighting with Dicor is not fun and it's very easy to tear your rubber roof doing do. It's perfectly doable but can go wrong quick. Make sure you use Dicor to reinstall too. I've read on other forums where some have tried silicone and paid the price.
x2 on the Dicor, only way to go. Butyl rubber tape, too.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:04 PM   #39

I'm in a bit of a trusting mode with my dealer on the Fantastic Fans that will be installed. I'm being told it will be the 4000 model but I know others have received the 3500 model. Time will tell what I actually get. But having the wall remote is what the DW wanted and that is what she will get....

Thanks for all the comments...
Old 04-22-2015, 08:38 PM   #40

Got my three covers up today...

Tags
fan