Old 07-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #1
First Trip: 24 FQSL Fresh Water Tank Issues

My brother and I both have 2015 24 FQSL Nitro TH's. This weekend was the first outing for my brother. His fresh water tank was still full from his PDI. On the way to CG, water started pouring from under his TH. I got him to pull over and we found that the water tank drain fitting and hose was hanging on by the spray foam. The tank was sliding side to side coming off Blood Mountain in N. GA. and caused the fitting to come out of the tank. Threads in tank look like it may have been cross threaded or messed up when it came out.
Does anyone know how the tanks are supposed to be mounted to keep this from happening? I think it sit between the "I-beams. I checked my tank and it will not move, but I haven't towed with water in it yet.

Thank you for any INFO!

hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:12 AM   #2
I can only tell that when I had the belly pan off while insulating and tidying up; I noticed there is nothing to stop the tank from sliding end to end (laterally in its mount) so, I added wood blocking at the street side end and screwed it in place. The tank (s) are not fastened to the angle iron supports. Temporarily you could screw the fitting back in (with loads of Teflon tape) until proper warranty repairs could be made, including some way to stop the tank from sliding

XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
Wolfwhistle, Thank you for the info. I can't see how FR doesn't see this a problem. I know others could have the same problem when traveling with tank full on way to boondock camping. We don't boondock camp, so this will not be a problem. It's just the 3hrs. one way back to the dealer to have it fixed.

Once again, thank you for you reply. HAPPY RVING!
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote

fresh water, tank, water, water tank