Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 07:49 PM   #1

freshwater fill 30hds

Any ideas, I'm trying to fill fresh water tank. It has a valve says fill tank or city. When on city water goes thru no problem. However when trying to fill tank it is taking forever like its trickling in. I put me ear up to tank vent under camper, sounds like water slowly trickling in
Vent doesn't seem blocked. Any ideas?
dennismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:00 PM   #2

It's going to take a while to fill your FW tank. Mine is 54 gal and it takes 23 minutes to fill. But if you go inside while its filling and look at your indicator panel, once the FW tank reads 1/3 full, you should be able to get water at your taps/shower/toilet after you switch your pump on. Just make sure you're reading 1/3 before turning on the pump, you don't want the pump sucking air if you aren't perfectly level and possibly burning out the pump.

You'll know when your FW tank is full because (1) the indicator will show "Full" and (2) water will start running out that vent tube underneath.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:26 PM   #3

Ok. Just thought that was a long time. My other camper had regular gravity fill and was much faster. Wasn't sure if maybe had a bad valve or something. ..
Old 06-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #4

Hey D, not sure what model you have but if a 29hfs. There is access behind the utility wall. I can fill mine in 10 more minutes or less from a private well and pump. If it takes longer I suspect the hose is kinked you can check behind the utility wall in the super pantry and see it there but if it's underneath it will be much more difficult to correct

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:53 AM   #5

I'm guessing I have a kink. After camping season is over I'll take it back. I was going to peak under the camper and look for grey tanks and look at water lines, but not sure how hard the underbelly is to remove.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:55 AM   #6

Last night I left water hose hooked up for 2 hours and never did get all lights to come on. Even turned on water pump inside and ran water to make sure it wasn't the vent
Old 06-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #7

I would rather have it to use this summer than leave it at a dealer for no telling how long. I would probably drop the belly and fix it, warranty or not. With the belly off it is easy to see, trace, and fix. But, first, see if you can find an anti-siphon or some kind of check valve; maybe is bad or connected backwards. I had my underbelly off to insulate, etc. and its hard, but not that hard. If I dropped the belly, I would insulate floor and pipes, while in there.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 06-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismo View Post
Last night I left water hose hooked up for 2 hours and never did get all lights to come on. Even turned on water pump inside and ran water to make sure it wasn't the vent
I would imagine the kink is between the fill and the tank and not visible from under the trailer but inside/behind a storage compartment.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #9

I can't speak for the 310hds, but my unit has access in a panel in the super pantry, back side of all the utilities (beautiful way to do that!) then a white hose runs through the floor (underneath) and on to the tank, which is about 10 feet farther forward. There is a anti-siphon (or whatever its called) for the black tank flush... I don't remember seeing another valve for the fill hose. Bullet Bob would know.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 06-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #10

found my water inlet access panel. its located in a pantry. all hoses in there seem to be ok. all hoses look good where water pump is located also. I looked at removing under belly. looks like they used foam to seal it. if I take it down what did you use to reinstall it? I really want a peak at the underside...

Tags
water