Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #1

Fuel tanks

Went to fill the generator's fuel tank, the dealer had added fuel and ran the generator for about an hour, I removed the front fuel cap and dumped in about 6 gallons and filled it up but when checking the fuel gage the generator side showed empty and the pump side showed full, so dumped in about 15 gallons in the rear tank and the gage showed full. The labeling on the fuel gage could have been reversed to correspond to the tanks.
wrsmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #2

so is this the on board onan ? does it have a separate fuel tank or does it run off the aux tank ? be sure and treat your gas so if it ends up sitting awhile it won't go sour on you . stabil for ethanol works good along with sea foam and marvels
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #3

Check out this stuff also. I've been using it for over a year now.
http://www.starbrite.com/en/startron

My dad put this stuff in his grass trimmer and it sat for 4 years.... asked if I could borrow it and it started up on the 2nd pull and ran like it had fresh grass. I would let mine sit over winter and when I go to use it in the spring it runs like crap unless I put new fuel in it...

From what I hear this stuff is better than sta-bil. My dad is also a yard equipment dealer and some of the equipment manufacturers say this is the stuff to use. I think one of them that says it the stuff to use is STIHL!
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #4

Yes, onboard with it's own fuel tank, heading out this weekend for a two month trip to the SW.
wrsmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:38 PM   #5

Not for sure because I haven't really looked at mine but it could be the wires are switched either behind the gauge or to the switch itself.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #6

There's a switch emergency shutoff at the tank and a main switch inside beside the fridge (with the sink light). With the gen prep option the fuel line runs to the fuel station. I don't have the gen but everything is ready for Mr. On an.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank