Old 03-26-2016, 01:26 AM   #1

Gap in the floor

So, I'm in the 29hfs full time now and there is a learning curve, but so far, so good. It has been as warm as 72 degrees and cold as 22 and all is good so far. I disconnect the water on those cold nights so far. It is supposed to get to teens on Saturday night.
Anyway, when you are in it more, you see more. I noticed a gap in the floor about 18 inches back from the TV cabinet. The flooring covers it but I can clearly push in and it is about an inch wide. Sound familiar? How concerned do you think I should be?

Thanks,

Old 03-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNGRmtb View Post
So, I'm in the 29hfs full time now and there is a learning curve, but so far, so good. It has been as warm as 72 degrees and cold as 22 and all is good so far. I disconnect the water on those cold nights so far. It is supposed to get to teens on Saturday night.
Anyway, when you are in it more, you see more. I noticed a gap in the floor about 18 inches back from the TV cabinet. The flooring covers it but I can clearly push in and it is about an inch wide. Sound familiar? How concerned do you think I should be?

Thanks,
Pictures would help me understand where the gap is. I don't have a TV cabinet (not factory) but if your's is on the wall separating bedroom from living room, 18" back - towards the rear; would put it in front of the sink MOL; if so, 1" gap would be a real issue since almost anything would puncture a hole in it. Are you sure it isn't just an air bubble? I've only heard of a floor gap in the garage at the bathroom wall, but don't think it was on a 29HFS.
WW

Old 03-29-2016, 06:37 PM   #3

It has been super hard to get a picture of this. The depression is about 18 inches rearward of that cabinet. Inline with the back edge of the door. I am also curious if the good size holes under the bump out are normal. I keep getting more "shavings" every time it is opened and closed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0524.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	103235   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0526.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	103236   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0529.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	103237   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0530.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	103238  
Old 03-29-2016, 09:17 PM   #4

That gap in the plywood would have me concerned, the saw dust not so much. We had a travel trailer that was constantly dropping saw dust in the lights, under the couch, right up until we sold it 10 years later.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #5

The saw dust is the least of the concerns, but the hole you see behind it is a concern.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:41 PM   #6

Wow, I didn't notice the holes the first time, that doesn't seem right either. We're picking ours up on Monday, I'll have to really check everything very well.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #7

I wish I had looked more. There are some other things I wish I checked and inspected. This was my first rodeo. It has been a bit bumpy. I'm learning. I'm full time and while every dealer talked me out of the cold weather package, I wish I would have got it. I know windows "bleed" but a double pane would be better. That is why they do it in your home. Plus I have been nervous the 3 nights it has been in the teens and low 20's, for the holding tanks. I disconnect water on those nights.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:44 AM   #8

There should be no gaps in floor plywood under flooring - flooring will rip eventually - yes double pane windows help huge for sweating but the heated tank part you can do yourself easy enough........

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2002 Chevy 1/2 ton Quadrasteer
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Old 03-30-2016, 08:10 AM   #9

I agree with others; the saw dust, shavings are in abundance. If you open anything up (remove a speaker, for instance) wood particles will fall like snow in Buffalo.

It looks like when they installed the decking, they didn't push the sheets together but screwed them down anyway. Does it run all the way side to side or wall to wall?

This has to be a warranty item, but I can barely imagine the work necessary to fix it properly. Wow! Anything sharp will poke a hole in the vinyl flooring.

Holes by the sides of the slide for wiring are normal, but I think I can see light coming in at the seal in one photo. That isn't normal if fully closed or open, but if part way, maybe it is.
WW