Old 09-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #1

Gas Tank Inlet Poor Design

Anyone notice the poor design to the tank inlets that causes gas to sit in the inlet right at the cap? Anyone change those out with a better angled one that doesn't make it spill onto the side of the RV ?

Bro

Old 09-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #2
clr

Yep had the same problem with my boat had to change the angle of the pipe into the tank to get the gas to flow better. Might help if you state the make and model and type of RV you are having a problem with.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:15 PM   #3

Yeah it's an XLR thunderbolt 300x12hp. Don't know if I can change the angle on it or not

Bro
Old 09-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #4

i just picked up my 27 HFS over labor day weekend and last weekend was my first time attempting to put gas in it on my way to a Mx track...lets just say it didnt go so well at the pump and im for the moment just taking a 5 gallon gas can and dumping that into the gas tank for now
Old 09-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #5

MC808, was it because how far forward you had to get the rig... Or are you ready to talk about it yet...
Old 09-26-2015, 11:09 PM   #6

I have a 2015 24FQSL LXR Nitro and I tried to put about 5 gallons back in my fuel station so I could run my fuel pump once in a while and I too had gas pouring all out and down the side of my RV. The inlet hose like you said is too low going to the tank. Only good thing is that I will probley not use my fuel station until such time I'm able to add a generator.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #7

I had trouble filling my 15 29hfs the first time. Tried rotating the nozzle until tank took the gas. Ended up being upside down was the answer. I use my fueling station all the time. I buy Ethanol free down the street and use it for lawnmower and other things around the house

2015 29 hfs / 06 gmc 2500hd
Old 09-27-2015, 07:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonb View Post
I had trouble filling my 15 29hfs the first time. Tried rotating the nozzle until tank took the gas. Ended up being upside down was the answer. I use my fueling station all the time. I buy Ethanol free down the street and use it for lawnmower and other things around the house

2015 29 hfs / 06 gmc 2500hd

X2. I started pumping with the dispenser upside down as well. Works way better most of the time. Also keeping the spout about halfway down the inlet.

Tags
gas, tank