Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDavidHughes View Post
We will be placing out\r order very soon exactly the same as yours. One thing though, Just based on conversations I had, they will not build one with more that 4400lb axles. The frame is not build for the GVWR that 5200 lbs axles would imply. 4400lbs is plenty for their build and that is what you will get.
GDH,
I was pretty specific with my dealer on this topic. He indicated that FR is only supplying the 5200 axles on the 27 & 29 models. But like has been indicated on this forum multiple times, I will bring this up AGAIN and ensure which ones will be delivered. Can never be sure until I see it with my own eyes. I appreciate your comments/experience you have had with your dealer...
__________________

__________________
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 45
Just call XLR Hyperlite
John A. Miller
Phone (574) 642-0439
Fax (574) 642-0449
Email: jamiller@forestriverinc.com

I hope I'm wrong but, if I am, it means all the weight specified on their web site are wrong.
__________________

__________________
GDavidHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDavidHughes View Post
Just call XLR Hyperlite
John A. Miller
Phone (574) 642-0439
Fax (574) 642-0449
Email: jamiller@forestriverinc.com

I hope I'm wrong but, if I am, it means all the weight specified on their web site are wrong.
GDH,
Appreciate the contact info...
__________________
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
GDH,
I was pretty specific with my dealer on this topic. He indicated that FR is only supplying the 5200 axles on the 27 & 29 models. But like has been indicated on this forum multiple times, I will bring this up AGAIN and ensure which ones will be delivered. Can never be sure until I see it with my own eyes. I appreciate your comments/experience you have had with your dealer...
from my experience with dealers lately . they don't know much about what their selling . i've been around on the 4400 and 5200 carousal . it's 4400 .
seems some have had warranty and given 5200 lbs axles , but it does not seem to be the norm , it is a hyperlite after all
__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:22 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
GDH,
Appreciate the contact info...

Let us know what you come up with on the axle rates ?
__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 533
Sorry for the delays in responding, too many things going on with the family.

From the different calls with the Dealer and Forest River, #4400 is what the 29 will come with. Not sure how WW got the #5200's but everything that has been explained to me is that the #4400's is all you need when you subtract the TW. I'm afraid I will have to take the builders word.

On the majority of the trips, I will only be loading a single bike in back (~800lbs). From time to time, I will be bringing the brother-in-laws bike as well (another ~600 lbs). But I don't see us attempting to max out the full cargo limit. (I will keep track of the all the "stuff" I will be adding via the customizations...)

Now I just need to sit and wait the ~10 weeks for the build. May can't come soon enough. But reading all the comments on this forum will pass my time.

Happy Camping...
__________________
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Taranwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,446
I was told 8 weeks on my XLR build last year--ordered it on 3/14/14, and it didn't show up until 7/20/14, so it was more like 17 weeks. Don't make any plans until it's at the dealer...
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)27 ('17) 20
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,658
Steve . I've had concerns on the 4400 axles also but guess it is what it is . I see no good reason to build to max but we'll deal . i know my cargo is 2700 . take away bikes and garage gear i'm down to about 1150 for everything else . it's be tight for sure but only plan on having this unit for a yr or 2 at the most
__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I was told 8 weeks on my XLR build last year--ordered it on 3/14/14, and it didn't show up until 7/20/14, so it was more like 17 weeks. Don't make any plans until it's at the dealer...
I hope my order is not that long. But honestly can only HOPE.
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:09 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Steve . I've had concerns on the 4400 axles also but guess it is what it is . I see no good reason to build to max but we'll deal . i know my cargo is 2700 . take away bikes and garage gear i'm down to about 1150 for everything else . it's be tight for sure but only plan on having this unit for a yr or 2 at the most
I hope to keep my trailer longer but not till I'm ready for a life change. (Kids are out if college...)
__________________

__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.