Old 04-19-2015, 07:27 PM   #31

Got the remote dimmers added on awning LEDs and added a warm white strip alone top edge of slide... Kind of backlit. I noticed some if the LEDs awning didn't light right away. I left the lights on overnight and they're all lit now. My AC has an issue. I going to start a new post.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:25 AM   #32

I just got a 2015 Xlr thunderbolt 300x12hp this past Saturday and am already planning upgrades. This is my second 5er and first TH and I was never happy with the audio video system in the first. Who designs this crap? And did all their training end in the 80s? I have a kenwood head unit and a 32" tv mount in a corner box above the entry door. Have to remove trim and front of the box to access the tv back. Why does no one add a remote panel with all the tv connections in the little closet behind the head unit so you can add devices like a chrome cast or an Apple TV? Also the tv doesn't output audio to the head unit unless you are playing a dvd... I will have to do some work on this. Thinking about running some lines from the tv to the head unit and adding a panel with the hdmi, USB, etc for easy access. Anyone done an upgrade like this?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 11-24-2015, 08:58 AM   #33

The AV systems in these (and most RV's on the market) is not in any way audiophile grade as you've noticed. However, it is understandable why it's done the way it is as most RV buyers don't care. They could offer a factory audio upgrade package but most of us who are into AV are very particular and they could never design a package to make us all happy. So, we are left to our own devices to upgrade in a way that works for our tastes and budget which is probably a better plan to begin with....
Old 11-24-2015, 11:34 AM   #34

I don't they should call what I had a radio! I went with a Kenwood with sub provisioning plus Bluetooth and remote. Upgrade to Polk audio and JL audio speakers (LR, BR, toy bay) through Memphis amps and added a 12" dual voice coil sub... wired properly including a 2 farad capacitor.

I moved the Dish rcvr and through HDMI adapters ran Cat5e to each set location. I have a BT adapter to allow steaming fron the set but it has no audio out... I' m thinking about moving the 32" to the BR and buy a new properly equipped 32 to replace it. I use wired headset from the receiver to be able to hear the TV with the AC running.
I am very much impressed with the Kenwood and Memphis.
WW
Old 11-24-2015, 05:44 PM   #35

I didn't like our sound system either so I bought a cheap blue ray home theater package to replace the auto head unit. Like I want to get out of my chair to start a DVD or to turn the volume up and use the tv speakers for sound when not watching a DVD. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1448405055.940268.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	94943
Old 11-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #36

Sounds like the same issues except we have a wifi hotspot and use Netflix over Chromecast. Sometimes I will hook up my laptop to the tv or use the appleTV

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
upgrade