Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #21

Very wise indeed...
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #22

Question? Am I reading right this is a 2015 unit. Doing all this work haven't you voided you warranty?
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by j free View Post
Question? Am I reading right this is a 2015 unit. Doing all this work haven't you voided you warranty?

The warranty can only be voided if the aftermarket part installed is the cause of a failure. Since nothing I've done can cause a failure, then I have nothing to worry about. You must be new to the RV thing if you don't understand doing all kinds of upgrades and customizations when you get a new rig. Read through a few more threads. That's all we all do! LOL.

PS: I'm also not too big on warranty repairs. I do everything I can myself. For 99% of things it's just not worth dragging 44 feet and 16k of RV to a dealer just to get it done for free. The only thing I'd ever really need them for (under warranty) would be a major appliance repair/replacement which is not super common. After the warranty, I'd do that myself too. But, again, nothing I've done effects the warranty. Well, maybe my Sony sound bar/sub isn't under warranty anymore but it's on craigslist, so I'm not particularity concerned there...
Old 04-16-2015, 02:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Yep, it's a labor of love. I've been in the trades for my whole life so I have the knowledge to do many things myself. On top of that, I'm completely OCD and love tweaking everything making it "perfect." Can't wait to put it all to use now...

Got a few more things to do and then done. Got my Ultra Breeze vent covers going up tomorrow. Then I have the Mor Ryde X-Factor cross braces to go in maybe Sunday. Oh, and didn't somebody mention a 12v dimmer for the awning lights??? OMG, gotta hit Amazon and fill the cart...

Sir,
Can I leave my trailer at your house?
I would do this for your enjoyment, of course.
Nice work.
Gleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleaner View Post
Sir,
Can I leave my trailer at your house?
I would do this for your enjoyment, of course.
Nice work.
LOL, I'll try and work you into the schedule...
Old 04-16-2015, 05:06 PM   #26

Gleaner, are you going to charge him for the enjoyment or let him enjoy at no charge?
DennisTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #27

No charge.

He does get to tow my TT to his home from Idaho.........

Think of the beautiful country he'll see.
Gleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #28

Ah ha... I'm on my way...
Old 04-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #29

Taken - looking good - you and WW are killing me with all the upgrades - I'm been too busy to even post up - good stuff keep it coming

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:55 AM   #30

Thanks man! Doing the MorRyde X-Factor cross braces today...
Old 04-19-2015, 06:27 PM   #31

Got the remote dimmers added on awning LEDs and added a warm white strip alone top edge of slide... Kind of backlit. I noticed some if the LEDs awning didn't light right away. I left the lights on overnight and they're all lit now. My AC has an issue. I going to start a new post.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:25 AM   #32

I just got a 2015 Xlr thunderbolt 300x12hp this past Saturday and am already planning upgrades. This is my second 5er and first TH and I was never happy with the audio video system in the first. Who designs this crap? And did all their training end in the 80s? I have a kenwood head unit and a 32" tv mount in a corner box above the entry door. Have to remove trim and front of the box to access the tv back. Why does no one add a remote panel with all the tv connections in the little closet behind the head unit so you can add devices like a chrome cast or an Apple TV? Also the tv doesn't output audio to the head unit unless you are playing a dvd... I will have to do some work on this. Thinking about running some lines from the tv to the head unit and adding a panel with the hdmi, USB, etc for easy access. Anyone done an upgrade like this?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Splicertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:58 AM   #33

The AV systems in these (and most RV's on the market) is not in any way audiophile grade as you've noticed. However, it is understandable why it's done the way it is as most RV buyers don't care. They could offer a factory audio upgrade package but most of us who are into AV are very particular and they could never design a package to make us all happy. So, we are left to our own devices to upgrade in a way that works for our tastes and budget which is probably a better plan to begin with....
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:34 AM   #34

I don't they should call what I had a radio! I went with a Kenwood with sub provisioning plus Bluetooth and remote. Upgrade to Polk audio and JL audio speakers (LR, BR, toy bay) through Memphis amps and added a 12" dual voice coil sub... wired properly including a 2 farad capacitor.

I moved the Dish rcvr and through HDMI adapters ran Cat5e to each set location. I have a BT adapter to allow steaming fron the set but it has no audio out... I' m thinking about moving the 32" to the BR and buy a new properly equipped 32 to replace it. I use wired headset from the receiver to be able to hear the TV with the AC running.
I am very much impressed with the Kenwood and Memphis.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:44 PM   #35

I didn't like our sound system either so I bought a cheap blue ray home theater package to replace the auto head unit. Like I want to get out of my chair to start a DVD or to turn the volume up and use the tv speakers for sound when not watching a DVD. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1448405055.940268.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	94943
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #36

Sounds like the same issues except we have a wifi hotspot and use Netflix over Chromecast. Sometimes I will hook up my laptop to the tv or use the appleTV

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Splicertech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade