Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #1

Grab/Assist Handle

Hi All

Misses & Grandkids have quite the climb to get into the 29HFS.

Looking to install a Stromberg Carlson AM-800 Black Lend-A-Hand Foam Grip grab/assist handle on the front door. Just wondering if anyone has done this mod yet???

The Factory Grab Handle is install right next to the door, on the left side. I would assume there is a stud there where they attached it. Pretty sure the 29HFS is an aluminum frame and should support the handle with no problems. This past weekend I noticed the morning dew kind of outlined all the stud locations, pretty sure there's one on the left side of the door.

Just wanted to throw it out to the group BEFORE I nervously drill into my brand new camper!!!
nybigdog82162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybigdog82162 View Post
Hi All

Misses & Grandkids have quite the climb to get into the 29HFS.

Looking to install a Stromberg Carlson AM-800 Black Lend-A-Hand Foam Grip grab/assist handle on the front door. Just wondering if anyone has done this mod yet???

The Factory Grab Handle is install right next to the door, on the left side. I would assume there is a stud there where they attached it. Pretty sure the 29HFS is an aluminum frame and should support the handle with no problems. This past weekend I noticed the morning dew kind of outlined all the stud locations, pretty sure there's one on the left side of the door.

Just wanted to throw it out to the group BEFORE I nervously drill into my brand new camper!!!
Very easy to install and also for the smaller kids there is the EZ OPEN that I installed for the Grand kids. Also very easy to install. Grab handle comes in white/black or silver. EZ Open comes in white/ black. It's a little more expensive but saved a whole lot of hassles for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault[1].jpg
Views:	102
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	110436  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:31 AM   #3

I installed at each door. Keep them tight to the door and you'll hit the metal stud. I "reused" the bottom mount location that the small handle used so, only gave one hole showing. Because of the hole we should get the installed from the factory.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I installed at each door. Keep them tight to the door and you'll hit the metal stud. I "reused" the bottom mount location that the small handle used so, only gave one hole showing. Because of the hole we should get the installed from the factory.
WW
Yupper, mount up against door frame, mark four 1/8" easy holes, 4 screws, Done. Was super easy 5-10 minutes tops, super secure & sturdy. Definitely hit a stud...all trailers should come stock with these handles.
nybigdog82162 is offline   Reply With Quote