Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #1

HappyJac cutoff switch

Has anyone moved the HappyJac cutoff switch up higher? I only have dinette in the garage and when you raise it up, there is about 6-9 inches that it seems it could go higher if you moved the cutoff switch higher. There is also a "mounting block" for a possible upper bed that if removed would give you even more height clearance.

I do like the feature to fold the dinette up to the walls for max height clearance. Just looking for options. Thanks in advance for any feedback on this...
Old 05-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #2

Steve have you looked at the Happijac user manual that came with the TH?

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Steve have you looked at the Happijac user manual that came with the TH?
WW,
Yep, been reading ALL the manuals with adult beverages these past two nights... The HappyJac manual only talks about moving the bed lowering stop position. The setup that came from the factory makes sense and would be perfect if I had the bed and the dinette. But since I only have the dinette and the bed mounting blocks are still installed in the tracks, along with the cutoff switch really limits the height the dinette can be raised.

I know I can unscrew the cutoff switch mounting plate, drill some new holes higher on the track, tap the holes and the remount the cutoff switch (at least this looked doable last night after a few adult beverages.. ). Just curious if anyone has done this. OR if anyone recommends against doing it (for some reason...).

As always, really appreciate all the feedback. The knowledge on this forum is second to none...
Old 05-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #4

Is it possible to use / change dinette from the lower trolley positions to the top bed trolley positions. I only gave the bed, you've probably thought of this already.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 05-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #5

I did think of that but was not sure how low the upper setting (i.e. bed) would come down. More work for for me...:-)
Did the hardwire progessive surge protector and moved the propane/electical wires so the andersen hitch was set correctly, today. More work over the weekend while camping
Old 05-23-2015, 05:53 AM   #6

After speaking about the manual, I also read it and was surprised to find even mine is ready for second bed or dinette. And is quite adjustable.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 05-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #7

We just modified our walk thru dinette to raise it higher. The factory installed the upper limit switch so that it would work when the backrests were up. This prevents you from hitting the ceiling with them in the UP position. We moved the upper limit switch up as high as possible and removed the upper set of trolleys to gain more height. We gained 8" of height when in the UP position but the backrests must be folded down. This change also eliminates the safety factor when the backrests are in the UP position. Now I am going to install an electric sensor eye to prevent any problems if the backrests are in the UP position.
x90rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #8

X90rider,
Happy to hear someone has already done this. This will be on my bucket list this summer.
Thanks...