Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2016, 06:50 AM   #81

Hotpod - Energy Efficient, Easy To Install - Hotpod - Energy Efficient, Easy To Install
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:55 AM   #82

WW,
Interesting product. Thanks for sharing...
Old 01-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #83

I've give serious thought to going with one of those mini-split AC heat pumps in the garage. They make them in 9K up to 22K BTU and a single 2K Honda will run the 9K. They are super quiet. I've seem one on a vintage trailer with the outdoor unit on the tongue; but I was thinking if the outdoor unit it could lie flat, maybe it could be mounted below the floor. I would wire it without going to the electric panel and not upgrade to 50 Amp. I've asked the question about laying flat to the seller.

http://www.amazon.com/000-Innova-Duc...=mini+split+ac

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 01-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #84

WW that's the style I've been looking at too but the Samsung I like the price of yours more --- or you could come to to the West coast and not have to worry about AC much 😃 just Heat!
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #85

I found out the outdoor unit has to be mounted vertically. PH, I don't need AC here lately!!!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 01-18-2016, 07:47 AM   #86

Although I really miss using the TH. I'm afraid the -15 degrees (-30 windchill) this morning would be a bit much for camping. My beer turns to slush for the last part...
Old 01-18-2016, 07:54 AM   #87

I feel sorry for you Steve. It's a balmy -7 here with only a -24 windchill here in SE Wisconsin. Drag down the XLR and we'll go campin'. I'm sure we can find a couple of spots.
DennisTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:16 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisTD View Post
I feel sorry for you Steve. It's a balmy -7 here with only a -24 windchill here in SE Wisconsin. Drag down the XLR and we'll go campin'. I'm sure we can find a couple of spots.
Dennis,
I would need to plow out the camper from storage but I'm sure I could be there by dinner time. Do they have any Full Hook up sites left...
Old 01-18-2016, 08:31 AM   #89

Parks here are usually pretty full but I'll check.
DennisTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:45 AM   #90

LOL....

Jealous for the people still able to be camping this time of the year but not hating them.

For the ones that are in hibernation, the temps will climb in a few months and then we can start enjoying our summer toys again.

Safe travels for all...
Old 01-18-2016, 06:43 PM   #91

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1453160543.619254.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	98022

Hopefully camping here right on the ocean as soon as I get my toyhauler back
Old 01-18-2016, 09:45 PM   #92

Pretty spot PH.

I decided that with a cold spell pending to blow out the water lines. Its supposed to be in the mid to high 20s for several hours in early AM, so shut water off to the shop and drained all I can... also drained all the yard bibs and took care of the trailer.

Say, do any of you name your trailer? I was thinking of naming "her" MODesty Blase'. What cha think? MOD... all the mods. Etsy (the place to buy all things homemade).

Or, Hotel Can'tAffordYa? ... loosely sounds like "Hotel California".

Off the subject, but drove the Mustang with windows and glass... and seats... first drive, since 99.9% complete. I drove it with no fenders or glass several years ago. I've owned it for almost 14 years and been working it, off and on all that time.

So, the ride was rough.... I checked tires when I got back and had 39 psi in both fronts; 29 rears... supposed to be 24 all around.

I was sweating the tranny, as it didn't shift into 3rd since I've owned it and even after rebuilding it. Its a C4 dual range or green dot version. I had fixed the source of a leak, and what do you know... it shifts. Just needs driven. Tomorrow get insurance and an antique tag. I'll get some pics tomorrow, as well. I had some on the smartphone, but for whatever reason it always makes the car look blue and its a medium turquoise; not the factory color, darker and with tons of pearl. Also, tomorrow... clean the shop, its a disaster. I sure can make a mess.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 01-18-2016, 10:55 PM   #93

Yes let see pictures what year - mustang - had a 69 boss 429 turquoise growing up - if I had only hung onto that car I'd be rich today lol
Old 01-19-2016, 07:53 AM   #94

WW,
Love the names you suggested... Still have not named my camper yet but that will happen this year on our way out to Yellowstone with the family.

Looking forward to seeing the pick of your mustang. Someday, I will have the spare time you do to get all the "projects" done.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:38 AM   #95

Allen and Steve, a friend had a 429 Mach 1 (1971) like the attachment with Ram Air, that I tried to buy, but missed out when he moved back north. When nitrous first was being used he had a 100 shot on it, really fast, or certainly could smoke the tires.

But, my largest almost owned it screw up was not buying a 1968 Charger Hemi. My late father-in-law was a Dodge dealer and got it for his son to drive in his senior HS year. Sticker was $5200. Had a 4 speed, power steering, power brakes and a radio... no AC. Beautiful Blue with black vinyl top, black interior. When his dad took it back to sell it (and it was perfect) he couldn't sell it.... kept dropping the price. At $2700 I took it for a drive. I couldn't see how 8 miles to the gallon would work for me, so I bought a Rambler wagon from him. A few weeks later it was stolen and found stripped in the woods nearby. If I had bought it and kept it original there was a time when it might have sold for nearly a million $$$. Certainly over $500K.

It looked something like this... of course the air cleaner was entirely different and valve covers should be wrinkle black:

Camera charged and pictures coming soon (of my little girl). I traded her for a 86 Monte Carlo SS, that I just bought, to my son who needed something to drive. I wish I had bought him a car and kept the Monte. It was the dark cherry and nearly perfect inside and only needed paint... no rust. Oh, well. Every time I see one, I want to kick myself. But, the Mustang is going to be fun, too.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 01-20-2016, 05:03 AM   #96

Off Topic : on more positive thing in life

Steve - when u going to Yellowstone - thinking of a trip out there this year too

WW Fast cars and bikes loved them growing up got me in all kinds of trouble 😄😄😄 finally had to sell them to get my drivers license back - lol - stuff we could do on public roads 30 years ago don't fly today ......... First car 67 chevelle, mustang, Camaro z28 blown - miss all of them but probably would be in jail if I still owned them lol

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:52 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
Off Topic : on more positive thing in life

Steve - when u going to Yellowstone - thinking of a trip out there this year too
PH,
We are going out the end of June thru early July. We will be staying on the west side of Yellowstone and then going over to the Grand Tetons before heading back home. Bringing the kids (21 & 17 yrs old...) for possibly one last "big" camping trip. The kids come from time to time with Mom & Dad on our long weekend trips but not always. They prefer to go on the airplane trips now... I'm still working on a plan to bring the bike with so my wife and I can tour Yellowstone on the bike and the "kids" can drive the truck. Don't think this will fly with momma but a guy has to try...
Old 01-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #98

Since we are doing old car week, here was my youthful fun. Spent every last dollar on it rebuilding everything twice. Still think about doing it again...

Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:34 AM   #99

Nice car Rodney!
I know what your saying Allen. 155mph in that Charger on US 41 with an undisclosed cm in verb of girls in the car.
Get a smart car to take Steve... no wait the kids still wouldn't fit... You won't have them much longer so make memories; there will be time for cruising later. I recommend Terra Verde NP if you can get by there... Rockie Mountain NP as well. The museum at Cody is a must. I want to get out there and northern CA and Oregon... and Washington. Might plan an Alaskan cruise if timing works out.
Clint

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 01-20-2016, 08:52 AM   #100

I can't wait to get out to the great western NP's. Our daughter is just a little too young at this point for such a hike. We're pushing it going to WI this coming summer and Myrtle Beach as well.
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, vent, xlr