Old 12-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #61

Heat vent garage in XLR Hyperlight

Yes my wife likes it 70-72 and to keep it at that temp requires 2 1500 electric heaters one for garage and main - but hopefully by the new year I will have a furnace that can do the job - it's been downright cold and nasty here in WA for a month now almost need to convert the toyhauler to a boat if we get any more rain........

I planned on adding foam board to mine also but it's been in shop all month - at least I got 5 trees taken out where I park the toyhauler so no more worries about those coming down on top of the toyhauler

Old 12-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #62

This guy "Handy Bob" has to be quite a character, but read what he says about propane heaters. Apparently he had a Wave6 or 8, but when it failed early he went to what looks like an antique (but still made). Anyway, let the article speak....

https://handybobsolar.wordpress.com/...d-by-handybob/

WW

Old 12-22-2015, 06:01 PM   #63

WW . i have a tower heater . stowed away now but i can set a temp digital and it shuts off when it hits temp . seems at night i set at 56 and seems to shoot to 60 . when on SP . now the furnace keeps up also , more then enough . but I'm used to cold and can't sleep over 60,62 .here in FL now and the AC is working great also 15,000 btu I have the very back vent in the garage blocked off with just one back there keeping the garage bearable , and keep the doors shut . i also use the back door as a entry so the cold air doesn't dump out the front door when open . i set the ac for 63 at night and it runs about 3 times an hr sometimes more sometimes less

I used 2" foam board , and made sure to get every opening i could . also warped the tanks with the reflective bubble insulation . I find a lot of heat from the hwh so i insulated that also . even though it is already Styrofoam covered , still get a lot of heat under the sink
Old 12-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #64

PH . At least you have no leaks ,
Old 12-22-2015, 06:04 PM   #65

they make small wood burning stoves , could fit in the garage and no bigger then the furnace , except you have to install a flue pipe ,which really wouldn't be that bad
Old 12-22-2015, 06:15 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
they make small wood burning stoves , could fit in the garage and no bigger then the furnace , except you have to install a flue pipe ,which really wouldn't be that bad

I'm sure your insurance would love that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
I'm sure your insurance would love that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why ? completely safe , no worse then the furnace or wave type heaters . it's very common in Europe . look em up and see for yourself
Old 12-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #68

Whats insurance? I'll stick with electric or LPG. I've seen a super efficient European vented LPG heater in a tiny house... hmmm. I need to add 2" foam to her belly pan.
WW
Old 12-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #69

WW along with the insulating I also sealed it all back up real well using the spray foam minimal expansion great stuff and added plenty of extra fasteners then siliconed [black] around the entire edge and every and any opening , around spring mounting points , grey and black tanks , etc
Old 12-23-2015, 08:11 PM   #70

I'm all about pushing a button for heat no more cutting up wood for heat for me - not happening

Tags
light, vent, xlr