Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #21
DS ADV Rider

We had exactly the same thing happen last week. Just got the trailer back from Lazydays RV Service and the furnace came on but the burner didn't ignite. Knew I had full tanks, but I went and checked them and found the Service guy hadn't reconnected the propane hoses to the bottles. Problem solved, or so I thought. The furnace would not come on even when the setting was cranked up to 90F. The stove burners worked so the propane was flowing.

I cycled through turning it ON and OFF but made no difference. Then I decided to run the A/C to see it it was also affected. It worked fine and when I went back to the Furnace ON position the blower started and then thge heat came on and it's continued working normally.

I'm presuming the A/C selection reset the "lockout" but that's only from the edvidence I saw. It may be something else - i.e. a timer, but it did start working right after the A/C ran.

BTW, the frozen food in my fridge also was melted so the propane had been unhooked quite a while in Service Dept.

Bob

Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
I totally agree about taking it to a Pro in this case! Our dealer is in Ohio Nd we are in Missouri. They provided us with a couple dealers to check with. One dealer that I constantly go to for parts or supplies, is Bill Thomas. They sell FR rigs, just not the XLR FR toyhauler (which is why we purchased elsewhere) so they don't want to work on it.
I am sure we will find a dealer close.

Thank you everyone for the responses. Now I have more knowledge!
We bought the Earth Station at Bill Thomas Camper Sales in Wentzville!! Their service dept is great.... very knowledgable. I hope they can help and get you back on the road.... it is cold this morning!!!! Sorry I read you were going there! I hope someone somewhere can help you!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #23

Try pulling the fuse to reset it.
FR28footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

We are calling around, and as soon as my DH is done with his conference call, I will let him know these latest suggestions. Hi EarthStation! Glad to hear from you as well! I love Bill Thomas In Wentzville. We used to live about 10 minutes from them. We still shop there all the time, and I tried to buy an RV from them but I wanted the XLR Thunderbolt, and they don't sell it there. We spoke to the service department and they won't work on ours because they don't sell this particular FR model. I don't understand why that should matter....after all,it is a 5er, and I should think that the inside of this has the same components as another FR model. The manager told me to call the FR service manager and she gave us 2 other dealers to call and see if they will work on it. We are calling Cuno RV dealer now. They are about 11 miles away...
Thank you everyone for all the help and suggestions to fix it! We'll see how those go today!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
We had exactly the same thing happen last week. Just got the trailer back from Lazydays RV Service and the furnace came on but the burner didn't ignite. Knew I had full tanks, but I went and checked them and found the Service guy hadn't reconnected the propane hoses to the bottles. Problem solved, or so I thought. The furnace would not come on even when the setting was cranked up to 90F. The stove burners worked so the propane was flowing.

I cycled through turning it ON and OFF but made no difference. Then I decided to run the A/C to see it it was also affected. It worked fine and when I went back to the Furnace ON position the blower started and then thge heat came on and it's continued working normally.

I'm presuming the A/C selection reset the "lockout" but that's only from the edvidence I saw. It may be something else - i.e. a timer, but it did start working right after the A/C ran.

BTW, the frozen food in my fridge also was melted so the propane had been unhooked quite a while in Service Dept.

Bob
Hi DualSport your instructions worked!! Thank you Thank you!! Yeahhhhh!! I am once again a Happy Camper!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #26
DS ADV Rider

Isn't it nice when something works!

Glad you're a happy camper again.

Bob
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #27

So, if I read this right, YOU fixed it. Your poor,poor hubby. He may have to start calling you RV QUEEEN!!! Great info on here, Huh?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #28
Villa Estate 392FLFB

I have the suburban P40 furnace. it tries 3-4 times to spark and ignite and if it fails it just gives up. I have to pull the thermostat off and put back on for it to go again.. this is the second winter in this trailer so I have ordered a new ignitor for it.

really sucks when it doesnt work and its -44 out and you get home and its -15 inside and the water filter has split and burst and the kitchen taps are apart...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #29
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stuff View Post
I have the suburban P40 furnace. it tries 3-4 times to spark and ignite and if it fails it just gives up. I have to pull the thermostat off and put back on for it to go again.. this is the second winter in this trailer so I have ordered a new ignitor for it.

really sucks when it doesnt work and its -44 out and you get home and its -15 inside and the water filter has split and burst and the kitchen taps are apart...
Have you troubleshot your furnace and determined it was the ignitor?
Do you smell gas when it is calling for heat?

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #30

I really enjoy this forum! I haven't had the propane heater problem (yet) but I have the exact same RV as RVChick. So now I have a solution BEFORE I have the problem!

danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote