Old 08-02-2015, 07:20 AM   #1

HELP!! 395 couch slide binding

Hi Guys, new to forum. I have a 395 amp that is 11 months old. It is in for it's 3rd time for large couch slide issue. It binds on its way in, winds up jumping gears, stripping teeth, going out of time....forest river is denying warranty and not helping at all. Getting real pissed.....seems that room is to tall and hitting on roof when it comes in. Once it starts acting up I can't slide in or out any more cause it is completely out of time the front will come out before rear. Have had 4 gear packs replaced, inner tube assemblies, adjustments.....

Please any help would be greatly appreciated before I have to hire a lawyer!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #2

I wonder why FR is denying warranty? I was reading about someone with a similar problem that was caused by wood swelling (slide floor) due to a leak. Have you noticed wet walls and/or carpet?

Old 08-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #3

They are saying they have paid for repair once and will not again, which I believe is BS, it is their responsibility to fix till right. Trying to get a rep to local dealer but they are not responding to me any more. No there are no leaks at all, dry as a bone. Check after every rain storm.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #4
XLR Production

Who's doing the work on this. Sounds to me like someone is not getting everything ajusted properly. If the date of purchase is only 11 months ago, than everything is still under warranty. PM me with the last 6 numbers of your vin and I'll dig into it. I believe someone other than Forest River is giving you the run around.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #5

This is a repair facility problem. once the repair facility accepts payment for the full repair of the RV. They are responsible to make it right. In this case the Manufacturer stood up and paid for the repair as needed (per the repair facilities evaluation of the problem.) The manufacturer can and should stand with you in getting the repair done properly if it was not done the first time. Dealers are charged back all the time by manufacturers for not completing a repair under warranty as they said they have done. You should ASK Forest River to HELP you getting some satisfaction from the repairing dealer for improperly repairing the problem.
IN just asking . Did you say the roof of the slide out is hitting the wall over the top of the slide opening. (Header). If you look along the length of the opening, is the slide closer to the header in the middle, (sagging header) or is it touching on one of the ends. What is the measurement from floor to header on each end ? When the slide rises to come in does it hit immediately when is gets to the top of the ramp or just at the final few inches. If it hits the roof just before it is fully closed then one or both of the slide brackets under the slide need to be adjusted or re attached to align with the side opening.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #6

Bullet Bob is FR XLR

Tags
slide