Old 11-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #21

tv problem

remember tv signal from antenna is different connection than cable box or

nieforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #22

Your step-by-step list you followed seems to be missing a step. When going to cable, you need to turn off the antenna booster. A loss of signal or too low will normally cause a digital TV to go black rather that to snow. Stayed at one RV park this past summer that had a coax connection on the pedestal but got no signal. Found out that you needed a box from the cable company to use the service. Check every coax connection for a broken or bent center wire.

Navigator = Xiangbing
Crew = NaNa & NiuNiu
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:45 PM   #23

I don't think you will solve your problem until you find the splitter and can disconnect the cables one by one to find the one causing the problem. Coax doesn't fail but in a coach where it is constantly subject to vibration a screw or staple can end up causing a problem. It sounds like one of your cables, probably the one feeding the TV that is black has a shorted shield to center wire. You could also disconnect the cable from all the TV's and check with an ohmeter. It should be an infinite resistance at each cable end from the center wire to the shield (connection nut)
Old 11-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #24

Get one of these and test the cable between the back of the amp/switch and the cable connection entry to camper.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...-007/304086632

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...07-64_1000.jpg
B&W Companion 20K for OEM pucks.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to Hi Rider
Help Before Going Crazy on TV reception

I use a dish so my comments may not apply to cable. Had similar problem. Cause: there has to be two-way communication between TV and dish. Most factory installed TV hookups do not have a splitter that enables two-way communications between TV and dish. Replaced the one-way communication splitter with a two-way communication splitter and that solved the problem. My solution may not apply to a cable hook up.
2017 - 189 Days and 8,857 Miles
2018 - 193 Days and 7,024 Miles
2019 - 98 Days and 2,908 Miles
Hi Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #26

Slap Silly

I give up. I've done everything I can possibly think of to get the snow out of my TV in camper. I've come to the conclusion it is not meant to be. I give up. I can hook up computer and get perfect picture, I can hook up antenna and get perfect picture, Direct TV perfect picture. Cable SUCKS now I remember why I have direct TV. I think the person who works at the factory needs to be FIRED and slapped silly for sticking a nail, screw, staple in the cable. Itís hard to find good help these day. Especially people who care about their work. It's not there anymore. I'm surprised sales don't just drop off. I hope someone from manufacturers is reading this because you need to do better. People spend too much money in these little homes only to have to fix problems that should never had to be fixed. If I was a man who could run one of these factories you can believed Quality would be Number 1.

Thanks again for your help.
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #27
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Tim, you say the DirecTV picture is perfect. Are you using the satellite connection on the outside to feed between the receiver and dish?

If so, hook your cable feed to the satellite connection outside and and go from the inside satellite connection to the back of the tv. Do a cable channel scan and you should be in business. If that coax is ok for satellite, it will work perfectly fine for cable and also verify whether your actual cable coax is somehow bad.

Granted, you likely can't feed that to the bedroom or other areas without some jumpering but at least you'd have cable to your main tv without running another wire.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30 '18=51
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #28

Critters will chew on cables...just a thought...
Old 11-23-2018, 08:28 PM   #29

As you have good picture with antenna and satellite the coaxial feeding the tvs is probably fine. I can think off two possible problems, the line from outside connection to splitter is bad or you have a weak signal coming to the the camper. Each time the signal is sent through a splitter the picture quality degrades.
From prior post it seems you have tested the line coming to the outside. As the satellite feed works, i would try swapping the input lines at the booster. This will tell you if the coaxial input line is damaged. I had a screw in a line coming out of the booster causing similar issues. My splitter was right under the booster. I had to remove the fireplace and remove a panel to get to it.
RnRushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #30

Hey Tim, what kind of connectors did you put on?

Tags
reception, tv reception