Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #1

Help on maiden voyage

So out for my first trip in a brand new xlr24. Two things I could use help on. 1- fridge is not cooling yet freezer is. 2- the ceiling lights are not working though all others are. It is just the 3 over the kitchen cargo area. Really green and wondering where to start. Really pleased with the unit otherwise.
sponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #2

I'm not sure about the lights but the fridge takes several hours to get cool. So if you recently turned it on, be patient it definitely is not going to just kick on like a home version. If in five hours it isn't any cooler then you might have a problem.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #3

Sometimes ceiling lights have a "wall" switch to make it easier to turn them on, but they also have switches on each individual light. If someone has turned them off at both switches you might be turning them on at only one. This could be especially true of a new unit. Look for a "wall" switch and make sure it is on. Then flip the switch on each individual light.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
RFK

The fridge issues is probably solved by now. Depending on the weather I've waited over a day to have mine get cool enough although the freezer seems to work much quicker. The main galley lights on the 27hfs are controlled by two switches, one on the wall next to the porch light switch and one on the actual fixture. As a last resort is the fuse panel for ours is just below the fridge. Good luck
2007 Harley Electra Glide Classic
:iwo
RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #5

Thanks guys, you were right on the fridge and the lights. All good! My main problem now is my A/C keeps tripping the main breaker. Ugh.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #6

It may be that the A/C under heavy load plus other equipment using electricity is exceeding 30 amps. Heaviest draw after AC is water heater on electric then microwave. If those are on, then try turning one off and see if AC will run.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #7

Over this past weekend was our first trip out in our new Leprechaun 317 C class. The fridge took a while to come up to temp, but I also found that the "slide" that's used to make it colder had slipped down being pulled down by the little thermostat tube attached to it. I reconfigured it to make sure it stayed put and Voila! COLD!

Our AC was tripping the breaker too, I finally turned off the Elec Hot water heater and used the gas side to heat up water for a shower, then turned it back off. No more tripping!

HOpe you had a great time, I know we did!

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SAF
1998 Seaward Fox Cat rigged trailerable sailboat
Our Lake Life Blog
TimeOutRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #8

Thanks guys! I will try killing the water heater...haven't needed it anyway.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #9

I usually set the water heater on electric power to conserve propane when I'm at campgrounds. This past weekend my breaker tripped, so I just left the water heater on propane and that solved the problem.
cfernandz is offline   Reply With Quote