Old 05-19-2015, 05:29 PM   #1
How to adjust both doors?

How is the screen door supposed to work with the outer door? I cannot seem to see how it properly is expected to work. If you open the door from the outside, the screen door is latched and had to be forced opened because the little handle is secured on the outside door. I don't understand how the two doors are supposed to work together. It seems like if it continue as is, the screen door latch will break eventually.

laurajean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
All of my RV's when you open the "main" door, the screen door should open with it, if you want to detach the screen, slide the plastic piece on your screen door open and reach through and open it.
Maybe I am misunderstanding your issue.
Can you send a pic of what you mean?

Mark B
2015 32 Foot Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2013 Chevy 3/4 Ton TV
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
Like M said. The door stays open and the screen door can be opened and closed. The screen door has to be released using the same handle the releases it from the main door; below the main door handle. It can be opened by pushing down on the round clear plastic knob, too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432077511866.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	77475  
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
If you keep FORCING it apart, it will break. You must push down on the black plastic handle to disengage the screen door from the outside door. Then, you can use only the screen door or continue using both, if it suits you.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:50 PM   #5
If I understand your issue correctly you need to adjust the square black part of the handle "catch" on the outside door to be down far enough for it to keep the long handle on the screen door "open" and not grab the door jamb when hooked onto the outside door.
When adjusted properly, the screen door will stay "open/unlatched" when attached to the outside door allowing for a "double door" opening, both the outside and screen door at the same time.
When the screen door is unlatched to the outside door and the outside door latched open to the body of the RV/MH the screen door will open/close on its own.
A minor adjustment of that piece will fix your issue.
Clear as mud?
2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

2008 Rockwood Sig Ultra Lite 8315SS
Livin the Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
Yep...I got it. I need to make one final adjustment. It was still catching ever so slightly. The screen door was still catching. So I just need to go a bit further. Thanks for everyone's help.
laurajean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #7
Might look at the screws on the screen door hinge and make sure they are tight. Mine got loose and the screen door would rub on the frame. Eventually changed the screws.

The only other thing I could think of is adjusting the latch on the door so it's not so tight when both doors are together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote