Old 05-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #11

I have already stole a few ideas from the "pimp my" thread over there. I use a bungee on the micro surround to hold our paper towel. Put a hook on either side, and you can flip it up overhead to use the microwave in a pinch. I place a cutting board over the stove top. Makes that area into useable counter space. I actually am using a Camp Chef Everest stove and a cheap table from Wal Mart to cook outside on most of the time anyway.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:52 PM   #12

Hey WolfWhistle,

Finally figured out the table legs today. They actually have the end caps superglued on. I just used a hacksaw blade and scored the side of it, that allows you to get a screwdriver in an break the glue loose. I then cut the legs to 24" and now the table is the perfect height.

Yeah the dump valves and placement are a joke. I've had a couple of RV's over the years and never had one that placed the valves where I had to pray that my hose is connected well and won't spring a leak since the main drain is right in my face!!! This will be another project I'll have to undertake sooner instead of later.

I'll take a pic of my TV setup tomorrow, but I installed racks above the TV to hold the receiver and DVD player. I noticed the same area you mentioned between the bedroom and the main TV and had thought about running the cables through this area, that was until I crawled underneath and realized the holding tanks are right there. I didn't want to mess with dropping the tanks, so instead opted for the wall mount. I've thought about TV speakers, but at this time the sound appears to be fine. If I end up needing them, I'll just add the wall mount for the speakers beside the TV.

I've already changed out the cheap dual receiver with a sony unit that has the tune tray that I can easily put my iPod inside or just a usb stick loaded with MP3's.

I've checked the mw and it is actually anchored directly into a support beam under it. I'll be checking my lug nuts in the morning, thanks for the heads up!

I'll have to find that greywolf forum, sounds like they might have some good info there.

FYI, if you have the 29hfs. They placed the Hotwire for the inside lights when you come inside, to the wrong terminal, this meant in order to have any of the outside lights on, that you had to turn the inside light on. Easy fix, but couldn't believe this one slipped by all the checks.

Also the marking on the door side for low water drain is incorrect. The two located there are for the water heater tank. The actual low point drain, is located on the other side, right before the slide out.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #13

Here is a pic of my tv setup with the receiver mounted above. The receiver is attached to the tray, so I leave it up but remove the TV for transport.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1401480473.234832.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	620.4 KB
ID:	53837
Old 05-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #14

TexGent,
Just checked: low point drain label is below the HWH; both hot and cold. I think the other drain (on the slide side) is for the fresh water tank... its overflow is right next to it. I would guess this is correct... on my 29.

My interior / exterior / awning LED lights are correct.

I didn't read the manual, but it looks like the Dual radio has a 4mm input, but the USB might only be for charging (usb devices)... this is a question. I need to check. I have a USB loaded with tunes, but not with me. The radio has good reception, but I do miss the DVD / weather / AM / FM unit in my Jayco. The Dual doesn't have remote, at least, I haven't found one yet.

Didn't think of the tanks in the way of the speaker wall, but it would be easy enough to drill the floor anywhere within the forward storage bins and run the wiring from there to the TV wall; drilling the wall under the bed area so it is hidden.

I've been noticing (or tripping) over the plywood of the slide's floor. It sticks out (it seems to me) at least 3 to 3 1/2" beyond what would be required. It looks like it could cut off. To eliminate the trip hazard (or annoyance) I have pulled the sofa from the back (slide) wall about 3" or 4". This cuts down on the living space... not much but every little be hurts.

I want a 110VAC outlet near the sofa. I've been eying the access panel in the pantry (the one that lets you get to the outside hookups) but haven't take it off yet, to see what's inside. If you are sitting on the couch and need power for your PC, there just isn't one close enough. AC power should be inside that area... and it shouldn't be hard to install a box and plugs in that panel area.

Do you have ordering information of that TV tray mount you used? Also, does it swivel and tilt?

Nice conversation, thanks! Wolfwhistle
Old 05-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #15

Scooter86... do you have a pic of your paper towel holder? Yes, i sit a cutting board on top of the cook top. And, you are right, cooking outside is the way to go, unless it is raining or the bugs are fierce. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #16

Yes, a pic will explain it far better. It really is about as simple a mod as can be done. I wish it were more eloquent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401663853099.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	54061  
Old 06-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #17

Hey WolfWhistle,

Your right about the low point drains. Glad your awning lights were wired correctly, I actually didn't notice mine weren't till the wife mentioned it.

Your also right about the Dual radio, the usb connection is only for charging. In order for an MP3 player or iphone to work, you have to use the headphone jack. This is the main reason I changed mine out.

The brackets I used for the TV and shelf are located here on amazon....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like your idea for running the cable underneath the bed. I may do that to separate my satellite connection.

Just dropped my trailer off at the dealer for some warranty work. The black siding on the slide-out was bubbling away from whatever it was glued to. Figured I better get it taken care off before condensation takes a toll on the inner skin hopefully have it back in a few weeks.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #18

Oh, and that access panel has the connection your looking for to get the electric. You'll just need to ensure you fuse or breaker it, since it will be before the fuse box. I'm actually looking at doing the same thing.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #19

Hey TexGent,
Right about fuses or breakers. You don't want to burn it down, insurance or not! You mentioned something about separating satellite connections, so I don't know if this will help, but found this great idea and thought I would pass along to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf satellite_rewire.pdf (957.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 06-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #20

TexGent,
I haven't seen any de-lamination on my unit. Bummer! Also, just thought of it... my receiver will fit the slot to the right of the radideo... haven't done it yet, but seems like a nice place for it. I am going out there right now and look inside that panel. Have a great summer!
Wolf