Old 06-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter86 View Post
Yes, a pic will explain it far better. It really is about as simple a mod as can be done. I wish it were more eloquent.
Gotcha, Scooter,
You have to get creative and low-dollar-creative is the best kind! Not a whole lot of kitchen cabinets in this unit.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #22

TexGent,
Sorry if I am driving you crazy today. I wonder what you do about counter space, eating surface, etc.? I have a roll around kitchen island I used in a rental years ago, and think it would be perfect for the TH. Its 18" wide... 42" long and 36" high. It has another fold-down SS top that I thought would be cool to lower to serve as an eating surface for the sofa... (my unit came with sofa).. it adds storage, a towel bar and paper towel holder could be installed on opposing ends... it had both but they are lost. The back is nicely finished too. It rolls, so for transport it could be strapped down in the garage area. I have to find another table for the printer, etc. What do you think?
Wolf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140607_152839.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	54580  

Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #23

Hey WolfWhistle,

Np, btw just saw the satellite wiring you shared, I was actually on the right track, but over complicating it. That will work perfectly. Will be implementing that when I get the trailer back.

As far as counter space, your idea should work, but for transport you would have to store it like you mentioned. My wife wants to add a couple of drop down panels to the existing countertop to help out. We were able to fit the coffee pot behind the stove with no problem, but as you know that doesn't leave much space at all. We have an outside Coleman grill that she does most of her cooking on, we came from a truck camper, so had to deal with less space than the 29hfs has...lol
Old 08-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexGent View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to possibly become the owner of a new Hyperlite 29hfs toy hauler, however I have several questions that I am hoping I can get answers to.

* I have a GL1800 Goldwing and the Wife has a Yamaha Roadstar. Will both of these fit into the garage on this unit? Also would the weight of these two be of any concern? I think the goldwing weights roughly 1000 lbs. The roadstar comes in around 700lbs. That would give them together around 1700lbs.

* I have a winegard minimax stationary satelitte dish that I removed from our previous RV. Has anyone attempted to install one of these on the roof of the 29hfs? Are there any concerns with drilling the wire straight down about where the tv goes in the living area of this camper?

* The unit we are looking at isn't prewired for a generator, however I have the Honda 3000is that I am looking to mount on the front of the 29hfs. How hard is it to wire the connection for this into the 29hfs. Does it already have a automatic transfer switch in the trailer?

* Does anyone have a picture of a TV installed in the living area of the 29hfs. This is probably the most important question as my wife is concerned for she doesn't want to see cables dangling everywhere

Thanks for any help!!
Im looking at this same unit and I will be hauling (2) 2014 Indian Chieftains 850lbs each. Did your Roadstar and GoldWing fit ok? Im also considering using SC2000 Condor wheel chocks for easier safer transporting of the bikes. I had a 99 Roadstar so Im familiar with the size of it and the GoldWing so Im curious to know if they fit ok. Im guessing you had to stagger them but with an 8X10 cargo bay that should have worked ok and not cause any issues with the door closing etc. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Hope to have a 2015 or 2016 29HFS by June of next year. Im still in research mode looking at Toy Haulers and so far this one fits the needs the best. Especially the lightweight part as I will be towing with a 5.7L Tundra and do not want to change trucks.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #25

wvmtn, just a heads up. FR down graded the cargo capacity in late 2014 early 2015 29HFS models. The TH was advertised as being able to carry 4017# of cargo based on the standard equipment. To attain this it required 5200# axles, however some came with 4400#ers which reduced the load to 2700#. Some trailers came with weight stickers showing the 2700# max, but others with the 4400# axles, and the stickers show 4017# (depending on options). Anyway, bottom line if you complain FR is changing axles to the 5200# rated units on their nickel. Mine has the 4400# but with the correct sticker, however the axles were not installed properly and actually hit the frame, so I get new ones. We have a great XLR warranty rep at FR, by the way.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #26

Who do I contact at FR to complain?
Old 09-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocrider50 View Post
Who do I contact at FR to complain?
Complain about the downgrade? Or open a warranty ticket? I assume you are talking a warranty ticket. I've posted a FR contact list before but here it is. We have an excellent warranty rep for the XLR in Diane Daly. You also will be working with the selling dealer on this. It is a factory safety recall.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation.pdf (48.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 09-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #28

Diane, is the best, easy to work with and new axles are on the way. Two Harleys in the back would take me over the 2700lb rating, My brocure said 4017lb. Big difference. Selling dealer gave me the run around. But Diane said I could take it to a different dealer. Last trip to the selling dealer ever.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #29

[QUOTE=rocrider50;706179]Diane, is the best, easy to work with and new axles are on the way. Two Harleys in the back would take me over the 2700lb rating, My brocure said 4017lb. Big difference. Selling dealer gave me the run around. But Diane said I could take it to a different dealer.

She sure is! She had my 5200# axles (and parts) shipped to Camper's Inn in Jacksonville, FL. and are there waiting to be installed (waiting on me); where a nice lady named Phylis is the Service Manager. She didn't hesitate to assist me, when Camping World and Dick Gore were from reluctant to just plain rude about it; CW claims they can't do that level of work and Dick Gore's service manager told us to take it to CW. I would never buy a RV from either of them in the future.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #30

Wolfwhistle something still doesn't add up? the brocure for my 2015 29HFS says that the "shipping weight" (dry weight ?) is 6968 and the cargo is 4017. 6968+4017=10985 GVW 10985/2= 5492.5 or 5500# axles If I take the new 5200# axles I get 10400 GVW or 10400-6968= 3432# payload still short of the 4017# advertised, but better than the 2700 sticker on the trailer. by the way 4400*2= 8800 or 8800-6968= 1832 # of payload, way off the 4017 promised and 2700# sticker. I need to go weigh my unit and see if its less than the 6968 in the brocure. That could account for some weight. But FR is dangeriously low on their cargo capacity at 1832. The online brocure changed the weight down to 6700 but paylaod is now listed as 3000#. Am I off somewhere on my calculations? The tires are load rated for 2350, 2350*4= 9400, well below the new 10,400 with my new axles. Off to buy new tires?

I am glad that they changed the axles out without much fuss. But I think that this needs recalled.