Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #1

If you get a new XLR check these items!!!!

I just purchased a new XLR a few weeks ago and wanted to give a heads up to new buyers.
1. If you get Gen Prep. Check the Fuel hoses from the fuel station to Gen prep box. The hoses on my unit were not plugged, and 2 days after bringing it home the pressure in the fuel tank pushed fuel up the hoses and into the box. The box soaked and the fuel ate away the caulk. The fuel then made its way into the cabin underneath the bed.
2. If you get Gen Prep. Check that the Positive cable for the generator is insulated. Mine had the terminal crimped on, but was left un-insulated. This wire is live when 110V is supplied to the trailer. The Gen prep box is metal. If you have the leaking fuel issue above, you can only imagine possibilities.

Otherwise we like the trailer so far. Had a couple other issues, but we are working everything out with Forest River.
Red900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:31 PM   #2

My fuel hoses were plugged. The battery (+12vdc) cable to the gen was connected by the dealers tech to the battery and shouldn't have been . I used it to power a small inverter. There was no 110vac power from transfer switch into the Genny box on mine.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
XLR Production

The wire that was in the Gen box was a 12 volt. Still should have been covered though along with the hoses plugged. I can honestly say that I have never heard of us missing that. I'm glad nothing serious came of this. I believe you have talked with Diane and we will insure everything is taken care of.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:41 AM   #4

Bob Elson?
I have talked to Diane and she has been great. I appreciate your companies offer to make it right.
I understand things get missed, hence the reason i thought it would be good to share my experience so that others might double check their unit. It is tough to write a check for a brand new item only for it to be scarred two days later.
Red900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #5
XLR Production

Yes Sir I fully understand and agree.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:29 PM   #6

My fuel lines were plugged with bolts that were too short and the fuel leaked out around the threads. I had to install longer bolts that had a longer area that wasn't threated to clamp to and this fixed the fuel leak. At least gen wires were taped up.
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #7

Forgot to add that this was on my 2015 Nitro 24FQSL.
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:16 AM   #8

My pos cable was bare in mine gen box in my 2015 29 hfs
lonb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr