Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #1

input help needed on XLR Hyper Lite 27HFS

Hi everyone. I am new here and I am ready to buy the XLR Hyper Lite 27HFS . Unfortunately I have no dealers locally to check this out so I have a few questions. My main concern is I have a lifted golf cart that is 6ft 4in tall an 9ft long overall.

*Can somone give me the measurements of the cargo area so I will know if it will fit.
*Also, is the bed easily removed and replaced back on if necessary? *What is the area size between the diamond plate wheel wells?

I could always deflate the cart tires to gain a couple inches if need be to get it in. Any comments about this camper would be great. Pros an cons. Mainly overall if you are happy with it. I just don't want any ut oh's when it gets delivered.
Thanks so much for your time and helping me out.
Mark
FL-Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #2

Garage area

Just made the measurements, From floor to lowest point on bed 70" , total length of garage 9' , wheel well extends back 16" from front wall and is 12" wide. distance between wheel wells 69" side to side. The bed can be removed with four quick release pins.
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #3

Thanks so much for the measurements. My cart will fit, I will just have to remove the bed. I learned that you can get an optional second bed as well, which I assume that can be removed the same way. How do you like your camper?
Old 10-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #4

Xlr 27 hfs

We just picked it up 2 weeks ago. I did some research and we liked the lay out plus I have new Toyota Tundra and needed to keep the weight down. Did not want to buy a new truck yet.

The Wife and I used it for the first time last weekend on a trip to the Somoa dunes in northern Calif. (dry camp). We went with 6 other Toy Hauler RV's of different makes and models. Everyone liked our new 27HFS.

Everything worked ok, With the exception of an intermittent leak under the bathroom sink.

It is comfortable even for a 6'4" 280 lb guy. We did not use the bed in the garage due to the soft foam pad. I also noticed the bed would bow in the middle when I put my weight on it. Plan to make a removable or folding center support and get a better mattress.

My Tundra towed it just fine with 1/2 tank of water and 15 gallons of gasoline. We will see what happens when I load 2 Harley-Davidsons in the back.

So far so good, next trip in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #5

I been doing alot research and really think this is the model we want. I am glad I found this forum for input help. Unfortunately the closest dealer is 4 hours away. I am tempted to just buy this site unseen from a wholesaler in Ohio and pay to have it shipped to me .Did you buy locally and what do you think a fair price is for me to pay.
Thanks for taking the time with the help
Old 10-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
We did not use the bed in the garage due to the soft foam pad. I also noticed the bed would bow in the middle when I put my weight on it. Plan to make a removable or folding center support and get a better mattress.
Until you make some sort of mod to the rear bed, it is about as uncomfortable as you can get. I cut down a couple of 3/8" plywood to put under the mattress, then I cut down a few roll up camping matts to put between the mattress and plywood. It made a world of difference.

I also added the second bunk, and I'm really glad I did. I have a Club Car with the rear seat kit. It is not lifted, and it fit in perfectly with both bunks in place. If it had been lifted, it definitely would have been a different story!

Enjoy the new 27HFS! We picked ours up in July, and are very happy with it! I do need to get it into a dealer to have a couple of minor warranty repairs made. The front step is very weak on one side, and gives quite a bit under weight, and the shower door (pure junk) will not stay shut. So I figure I will let them take care of that while it is still under warranty!
99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #7

Thanks for the idea on the rear bed. I don't have a shower door ours came with a bowed curtin rod and plastic shower curtin. It is very tight as is, could not imagine a shower door. At least I would not fit.

The dealer I purchased from is just under 4 hours away. Glad I made the trip to look first. They came down some on the price and were about average when I compared on line prices from other dealers.

The other things that I need to work on are an oven (looking at a portable propane stove / oven combination through "sears" and a TV system.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Hey Ya'll,

Hubby and I are lookignt o up grade and we are looking at the Hyper Lite 27 HFS.
The one thing I would really like in this unit would be a three burner cook top and oven.
Willing to give up a little kitchen storage for my oven. Cant live without it!

Also is there storage under the dinette seats and how do you get to it?

We would also like a manual awining..not electric. Like manual more versatile and more sturdy than an electric.

Thinking about getting the extreme package...heted tanks and dual pane windows.
How well does the a/c cool the whole unit? Does it cool the garage ok? In case we have someone sleep back there.

What about roof vent? How many and where are they located?

I know... tooo many questions. we have an emial into FR to see if they could help us with some of these questions.

Love to hear your thoughts, concerns, ideas.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #9

Campnqueen: We picked up our 2013 XLR 27HFS in October so far have only camped 7 nights. The lack of an oven is an issue for the DW, so we are looking at a portable oven with two burners on top that she could use outside. The storage under the dinette seats is accessible by removing the cusions. total of three areas right, left and across the back There is also storage under the bed.

Have not used the a/c yet.

There are three roof vents. One in the bedroom. One in the bathroom with a fan and one in the garage also with a fan.

Compared to some others on the forum we have had good luck. Everything worked from day one, some very minor issues. The only real problem was an intermitent leak under the bathroom sink. I took the faucet apart and found a rubber seal misaligned. Put it all back together and hooked up to city water, no leak. We will see since it was intermittent. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Nights Camped 2012 (7) 2013 (33) 2014 (27) 2015 (34) 2016 (27) 2017 (32) 2018 (34) 2019 (35) 2020 (20) 2021 (5)
Old 02-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #10

We got ours in late August of 2012 and did use the AC for several outings. We have the 13.5 and it does ok. We use a couple of tower fans and leave the doors open to help distribute air during the heat of the day. The garage seems to be ok at night with the doors closed. A 15000 btu upgrade might be a good choice in the southern climates.

We purchased a portable convection oven (Oster) for use inside. It is a larger model but will just fit in the cabinet above the sink. I agree that a three burner cooktop would be really nice.

We also purchased a portable fireplace on wheels and made a countertop for it to add more food prep area. We keep the fireplace against the wall under the thermostat but can roll into other positions when needed.

We removed our booth and put in two La-z-boy recliners in that area. That makes for much more comfortable sitting for 2. Then we installed the eating table in the garage area by moving the floor mounts there and use two computer chairs for seating. When we need to lower the power bed, we simply lay the chairs down and run the bed height down to the top of the table. We could remove the table if desire to get the bed lower.

My spring project will be to install a wall which hinges open on the back of the TH including windows and a walk thru door and then adapt the ramp into a patio area. I have the design all planned but haven't built it yet. With this wall hinging to the outside, it will still allow us to haul the toys (atv, scooter, bicycle) but have an enclosed (heated and air conditioned) garage and use the patio on the back also.
meandmylabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr hyper lite 27hfs