Old 07-06-2019, 08:25 PM   #1

Is your XLR a piece of junk?

My 2016 has been junk since day 1. Stabilizer jacks went out first trip along with sink leaking. Then the faucet started leaking in the middle of the night and filled the tank, overflowing it into the floor. Ruined the bathroom and they wouldn't warranty it. Next the roof started leaking 10 months after purchase and they kept replacing the window instead. They finally replaced the roof after it was out of warranty but won't fix the damaged wall and trim. That was finished in March. The roof is now leaking again and I have to take it back next week. Buyer beware of the Forest River camper line because they don't care about you,there product is junk,and after owning 2 other campers this is the poorest quality ever.

Nastynotchback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your problems with the camper. You mention they. Are you referring to your dealer or Forest River? I hope one of them steps up to help you out. Not all feel like you do about Forest River. We love our Wildcat. Good luck.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:07 PM   #3

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. We have owned three nearly trouble free Forest River Camping Trailers One was a Toyhauler. Please realize Forest River makes probably over 100 different makes and models.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. We have owned three nearly trouble free Forest River Camping Trailers One was a Toyhauler. Please realize Forest River makes probably over 100 different makes and models.

Sounds like you have had a tough time with your RV. One thing we have learned in the RV community is to share and ask questions. It tends to minimize the frustrations of our own individual shortcomings of knowledge about RVs.
Lots of good advice out there. Thousands of years of experience. Itís a family but you have to tap in. You made this far so welcome!!! I own my second Forest River RV and my third RV overall. All of them toy haulers. Forest River makes a quality product. First piece of advice, not all dealers are the same. Not even close!!! Do your homework. Not all insurance are the same.
There are many things you can do to (what ever )RV you purchase in the future. One of the first things is to install water shutoff valves behind the toilet and under each sink. This will save your six many times over especially after a cold winter. Water damage is bad!!!! I am sure you will get tons of advice from lots of people. Sounds like you may have some misguided frustrations. I hope your future experience changes for you. RV s are all about the learning process, but it is good to start with a quality product like Forest River. Last advice : Ask the dumb questions we all asked when we started out in an RV. Ask, then do. It wonít be long and people will start coming to you to ask questions. I rarely have a perfect set up and always know that help is just the next site over. Rarely a weekend goes by someone doesnít ask me for help. Good luck to you my friend. Iíd chalk this one up to experience not the quality. See ya on the next tour.
Safetydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:52 AM   #5

Which XLR ?
Nitro, Hyper lite,boost, Thunderbolt?

I have had our Thunderbolt for 4-5 years now and have only had normal issues but have done tons of maintenance to prevent many issues. Also purchased a car port to keep the sun off the rig while in storage.
Roof issues are easy to fix, you can prevent thousands of dollars of damage by doing inspections every 90 days and repairs as needed.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:54 AM   #6

This is my 3rd camper second toy hauler. Have owned these 3 over a 15year stretch. The dealership nor Forest River wants to step up completely. That's my frustration. They both want me to turn it in on insurance which I don't feel I should have to. Thanks for all your info.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
Which XLR ?
Nitro, Hyper lite,boost, Thunderbolt?

I have had our Thunderbolt for 4-5 years now and have only had normal issues but have done tons of maintenance to prevent many issues. Also purchased a car port to keep the sun off the rig while in storage.
Roof issues are easy to fix, you can prevent thousands of dollars of damage by doing inspections every 90 days and repairs as needed.
XLR. I inspect the roof but the leak started afterwards
Old 07-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #8

Wildwood

We have had some issues with our 2018. Minor warranty issues were taken care of (with very poor service work from the dealer - They love sales, but the service department doesn't have a clue). The hot water heater would not light during the first trip this year. We visited a local dealer (not a Forest River dealer) and they replaced the gas regulator and the HW circuit board. They worked the warranty work through FR. During the last trip we found the HW heater would not stay lit. So back to our local dealer to revisit - no charge.....

Lesson learned - go with a dealer who has an excellent service department. Pay a littler more for the camper if you need to. Service AFTER the sale is worth it.

We know we will buy our next camper from this local dealer.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNCAT37 View Post
We have had some issues with our 2018. Minor warranty issues were taken care of (with very poor service work from the dealer - They love sales, but the service department doesn't have a clue).
This is my experience as well. The dealership according to Forest River is one of there biggest sellers in SC but all they care about is sales. When it comes to service they could care less. Already got your money. I am battling the dealership and manufacturer. Makes it double hard.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:06 PM   #10

I should have worded the title to this thread different. Something like have you had this type of roof issue maybe would have been a better title.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynotchback1 View Post
This is my experience as well. The dealership according to Forest River is one of there biggest sellers in SC but all they care about is sales. When it comes to service they could care less. Already got your money. I am battling the dealership and manufacturer. Makes it double hard.
Just curious is you dealer in Myrtle Beach, or North Myrtle Beach area.??

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:46 PM   #12

Very confusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynotchback1 View Post
My 2016 has been junk since day 1. Stabilizer jacks went out first trip along with sink leaking. Then the faucet started leaking in the middle of the night and filled the tank, overflowing it into the floor. Ruined the bathroom and they wouldn't warranty it. Next the roof started leaking 10 months after purchase and they kept replacing the window instead. They finally replaced the roof after it was out of warranty but won't fix the damaged wall and trim. That was finished in March. The roof is now leaking again and I have to take it back next week. Buyer beware of the Forest River camper line because they don't care about you,there product is junk,and after owning 2 other campers this is the poorest quality ever.
Trying to make heads or tails out of this.

OP states 2016, this is July, 2019.

Did you buy new in 2016 and waited 3 years to bash Forest River?

Did you buy used and didnít do due diligence about possible problems?
pkmkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmkaz View Post
Trying to make heads or tails out of this.

OP states 2016, this is July, 2019.

Did you buy new in 2016 and waited 3 years to bash Forest River?

Did you buy used and didnít do due diligence about possible problems?
Bought new in 2016 and had problems on the first camping trip. These problems have been ongoing since I bought it new in 2016. Forest River did replace the roof finally back in January. I got it back late March. This is the first trip since then and guess what. It leaked again. I have had alot more problems then just leaks. For 40k I feel they should address them with out giving me the run-around. They said that all the mold on the inside and ruined wood walls/trim they won't replace although the damages come directly from the roof leak. Does that make sense to you? Anyway to answer the other person it was bought in the upstate of SC. I will no mention the dealership yet. They are going to look at it next week.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #14
ARLO

I have to disagree with notchback. We have a Flagstaff 829FKSS Superlight that has been our best trailer yet out of 12 trailers. It has been great. Sure, we fixed some small stuff, a propane hose, a door handle, 2 couch drawer slides ( severe road conditions and too much weight in it), a faucet leak in the kitchen, rear power stabilizer assy (caught it on a ferry ramp in Nova Scotia but not much more. Not bad for ten years and probably over 12000 miles towing. We had a major issue with the floor delaminating. even though the warranty had expired, the trailer was 2 1/2 years old, they picked it up in Rochester, NY and brought it back to the factory in Goshen to replace the floor. They did a great job on the floor replacement and repaired a few things they found that were broken by me, (stove vent door, fire extinguisher bracket, antenna leak (left it up and drove about 40 miles). We will buy another Flagstaff or Rockwell Signature series trailer.

rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr