Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #41
Experience by Repair

I was in too big of a hurry when we did our walk thru at pickup day. Plan to check everything....twice so you don't get home and say "dang it, I forgot to ask about that or didn't see that before we left". Me being a first time owner and jumping into a Thunderbolt XLR 380AMP .....may have had something to with it.....a lot😜
JJ XLR Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #42

Yep, we actually slept over in our dealer's lot to put all systems through their paces before heading home with ours. Problem is, issues won't all show up during PDI and occur after some use. When you get it home and find an issue, don't race back to get it fixed. Use the rig for a while and when it's broken in, take it back and get your issues all resolved at once. It's not fun dragging a 44' rig to the dealer all the time so make it count.
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #43

We stayed in a campground 2 miles away. I recommend anyone buying one to to the same. Small items can be handled long distance but major things should be handled at the dealer if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #44

Thanks guys! No post hijackers here at all! We are all on this site for a reason. I love reading all the replies. I will get pics up as soon as I take delivery. Looks like it's coming off line on Feb 2nd and will go straight to paint which is usually a three week process.
I am so excited!
Nguyenbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #45

Maybe these will help pass the time. Here's the build process and the paint process...

Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Maybe these will help pass the time. Here's the build process and the paint process...

Those are awesome pics! I am really intrigued at how these things are produced. Thank you for the pics!

Joe
Old 01-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #47
Experience by Repair

Karl4Cat....great pictures....love seeing the process.
JJ XLR Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #48

Congrats on the new XLR Nguyenbio, you're gonna love it! I picked my 2016 up the day before Memorial Day weekend and have loved it ever since. It was quite intimidating the first few times out, but it's like second nature now. All of Karl4Cat's (Rodney) posts about his rig are the reason I ordered my 395. I would have liked to get the full body paint too, but I was already well over what I wanted to spend on "camping" already. Obligatory pic attached, lol:

Old 01-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #49

So on the class A CDL if you go into Cali and you live and are licensed in another state you would need a class A from your state to drive through California ?

egladden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladden View Post
So on the class A CDL if you go into Cali and you live and are licensed in another state you would need a class A from your state to drive through California ?

California honors whatever class of license your state of residence issues you to tow what you are towing legally.

IE: if your state does not require a special class license (non commercial class A) to tow a non commercial trailer over 15k, then California will honor that.

Joe
Old 01-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #51

Ok thanks I live in VA and it isn't required

egladden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #52
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenbio View Post
Just signed up for the FR Owner's group! I cant wait for this thing to come in. We are driving from So Cal to Utah to pick it up. Bob's date is pretty accurate with the full body paint and all. I did order it with a few extras but nothing out of the ordinary. In the meantime, I am waiting on taking the driving exam for my non-commercial class A license here in California, since the unit is over 15k GVWR.

I can't wait to see pics Nguyenbio!
We know XLR Bob!! He is amazing!!! If you go to the FROG Rally in Goshen IN., in August, you can meet him and his team!!

XLR Owners United!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:26 AM   #53

Congratulations Nguyenbio. We have a 2016 375 and LOVE it! We had a few minor issues that I was able to take care of myself. We also did the plant tour which was very informative. I will definitely buy Thunderbolt again.

We also ordered Full body paint and changed the blue to "Concord blue" to match our truck.

So do you have any pics of your rig yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	freight.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	99946  
RV FREIGHTLINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV FREIGHTLINER View Post
Congratulations Nguyenbio. We have a 2016 375 and LOVE it! We had a few minor issues that I was able to take care of myself. We also did the plant tour which was very informative. I will definitely buy Thunderbolt again.

We also ordered Full body paint and changed the blue to "Concord blue" to match our truck.

I don't think you have enough truck, lol. Very nice rig, beautiful colors.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #55
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV FREIGHTLINER View Post

Now THATs my idea of a truck!!

XLR Owners United!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:42 AM   #56

Any news on the new rig yet? Gotta be getting close- it's almost time to camp
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:30 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Any news on the new rig yet? Gotta be getting close- it's almost time to camp
It just came back from the paint department, which is contracted out locally near the factory. It's going through one more factory PDI to look for and correct any problems before it's shipped to Utah this Friday, hopefully.

We should be able to pick it up within the next two weeks, just in time for spring break at the Colorado River!!!

I'll get pics up ASAP!!!
Old 02-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenbio View Post
It just came back from the paint department, which is contracted out locally near the factory. It's going through one more factory PDI to look for and correct any problems before it's shipped to Utah this Friday, hopefully.

We should be able to pick it up within the next two weeks, just in time for spring break at the Colorado River!!!

I'll get pics up ASAP!!!
What made your decision to go with the 375, over other models? We are in the final decision stages, and really like the 415. We watched some YouTube videos on the 375, and 425 just last night. Wife likes the little kitchen window, in the 415. All things considered, they're all pretty similar. She did like some of the 375 features as well.
duallyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #59

We love our 375......wife and I liked other floor plans, but some did not offer the residential fridge upgrade. Residential fridge is a must have option for us.

2016 XLR 375 AMP Thunderbolt
2014 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW (Fully Deleted)
darvinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #60

I would also order it with as much upgrades as you can afford. XLR's upgrade pricing is cheaper than you can add yourself.

2016 XLR 375 AMP Thunderbolt
2014 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW (Fully Deleted)
darvinstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr