Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenbio View Post
Okay, where do I begin. For the first time in company history according to the west coast rep and the factory, the contracted paint company painted our coach the wrong color.

It was suppose to be the HD orange color scheme with the silver replaced by the metallic white to match my truck. It came back from the factory and it was discovered last week that the paint company did not look at the custom order sheet even though they already had the paint in hand.

My heart practically dropped when I heard this.at first I thought it was a joke but no such luck. Everything was done except for the wrong paint color.

We now we're faced with a decision. We could have the option of building a new coach which would take two to three months. Another was to have the finished coach repainted which would take two weeks. We have a big trip planned in two weeks from today and neither was a viable option. I could not wait three months or wanted a coach with another 24 gallons of paint on it.

I will say that the factory and west coast rep are class acts so far. I feel that they were sincerely apologetic and concerned about the mistake and wanted to make it up to us because of the inconvenience.

My wife was very upset but wanted pics of the finished unit. The pics were sent and my wife actually loved it. Along with the pics was an offer from FR to give us a good size discount as compensation for the mistake.

The wife decided she wanted the unit and the green light was given to have it fully completed and shipped to our dealer in Utah. As I type this, it is being transported to Utah and will arrive this Friday. We are scheduled for delivery Saturday at 1:00pm. We are leaving Friday morning from So Cal with our Grand Design trade in.

It has definitely been a journey but I will say that the he west coast rep, the factory, and the dealer so far have been class acts. I'm praying this unit is going to treat us well from
Here on out!

Joe
They say there is a first time for everything, but sorry it happened to you guys. I wonder what color they applied? I am hoping for the best, during your PDI and delivery process. Take your time and make sure EVERYTHING (else) is like you want it and functions as intended. Look carefuly at the weight stickers and make cargo, etc., is like you expected (not like me). Oh, and post lots of photos!!!!
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #82

Glad to hear you got it worked out. My first thought would be, since the wife likes the different color, maybe she would let you get a new truck painted to match the rig!!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Glad to hear you got it worked out. My first thought would be, since the wife likes the different color, maybe she would let you get a new truck painted to match the rig!!

Been thinking about that!
Nguyenbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:42 PM   #84
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenbio View Post
Been thinking about that!

Thinking about you two, Nguyenbio!!!
Have fun!!! I Remember going to get our XLR!!! So exciting!!! I was in love!!

XLR Owners United!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr