Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2016, 11:22 AM   #61
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyd View Post
What made your decision to go with the 375, over other models? We are in the final decision stages, and really like the 415. We watched some YouTube videos on the 375, and 425 just last night. Wife likes the little kitchen window, in the 415. All things considered, they're all pretty similar. She did like some of the 375 features as well.
The wife and I had to compromise in regards to our wants, but definitely not our needs. I wanted the 14' garage but we need the second restroom for our three children. Here are some reasons why we chose the 375.

1. Second restroom with no less than a 12'6" garage.

2. Curbside couch and Windows so we can see our children while inside.

3. The television is directly in front of the couch. We have been in our friend's toy haulers with the tv on the adjacent wall, and it really wears on you.

4. Residential fridge upgrade.
__________________

__________________
Nguyenbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #62
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenbio View Post
The wife and I had to compromise in regards to our wants, but definitely not our needs. I wanted the 14' garage but we need the second restroom for our three children. Here are some reasons why we chose the 375.

1. Second restroom with no less than a 12'6" garage.

2. Curbside couch and Windows so we can see our children while inside.

3. The television is directly in front of the couch. We have been in our friend's toy haulers with the tv Oman adjacent wall, and it really wears on you.

4. Residential fridge upgrade.
We went back and forth on the second bath. We plan on full timing in ours, so it didn't take much time to decide we needed 2. We have a 10 yr old. Tried finding a model with 2 full baths, that we like, but there aren't many choices. The 2015 raptor 405 has 2 full baths, and we have located a few, but the decor choices didn't set well with us.

Wife isn't a big tv watcher, so it's more of a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom design thing. We will be hauling 2 Harleys, but that's no problem with any models.

The res fridge is nice, but didn't like that it's 110 power only, in case we dry camped for any length of time.

Decisions, decisions.... our biggest problem is availability. We only have 2 thunderbolt dealers total, in Oregon/Washington to choose from, and one is selling out and not carrying them anymore. The other is 4 hrs away and only has the 375 in stock.

We've located several in CA, and I'm currently putting a salesman to the test, having him take videos, pics, send build sheets, etc. If ya don't mind saying, or u can message me, what u ended up paying for yours, since u ordered it. We have contemplated doing just this. Thanks for the info
__________________

__________________
duallyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #63
Member
 
darvinstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 93
I suggest ordering one so you get everything you want. XLR will basically add anything and it's cheaper to let them do it. I did a lot of upgrades myself and found out later about the other option list, after the fact. I ordered everything on the option list that my dealer had except for full body paint. These are some upgrades I did myself that XLR would have done. Upgraded pin box, Goodyear G614 USA tires, slide toppers, rear electric stabilizer jack, etc...... Might be worth the trip to Jeff Couches to save up to 35% to 40% off MSRP.
__________________
Stan Stone
Lexington, NC

2016 XLR 375 AMP Thunderbolt
2014 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW (Fully Deleted)
darvinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Play Harder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 506
DuallyD

If going to CA to find one you might as well check out RV wholesalers or couches and get what you want the price difference from WA , OR, CA will boggle your mind - I live in Tacoma/Seattle area and my XLR 29fhs was 12-15K cheaper than any dealer on the west coast
__________________
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:18 AM   #65
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
DuallyD

If going to CA to find one you might as well check out RV wholesalers or couches and get what you want the price difference from WA , OR, CA will boggle your mind - I live in Tacoma/Seattle area and my XLR 29fhs was 12-15K cheaper than any dealer on the west coast
Where did u end up buying from?
__________________
duallyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Play Harder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 506
RVWholesalers - nobody would come close to their price and that was on a tow behind gotta believe a fiver would save even more

-- hey I'll be driving by the XLR dealership in ellensburg tomorrow I'll stop and see what they have - post up for ya - they seem to have a huge stock every time I go past
__________________
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
You can go to RVW website and build your own TH and get their best price emailed to you. You'll get a call or two from them. I did that today... built an XLR nitro 29 UQDL... Loaded her up less VIP deck $43xxx. Extreme weather.. 15k AC... Second 13.5k... 5.5 Onan...pass through dinette etc. This model pin weight us around 2300# dry.
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:28 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Play Harder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 506
WW - what u run out of stuff to upgrade - and need a new project lol
__________________
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:30 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
WW - what u run out of stuff to upgrade - and need a new project lol
Yea, I know. I am not finished upgrading yet... the rest cost really $$$. Plus a new CanAm aint cheap either.
WW
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #70
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
RVWholesalers - nobody would come close to their price and that was on a tow behind gotta believe a fiver would save even more

-- hey I'll be driving by the XLR dealership in ellensburg tomorrow I'll stop and see what they have - post up for ya - they seem to have a huge stock every time I go past
Great thanks!
Any other dealers on the east side carry them?
__________________

__________________
duallyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
xlr

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.